codfish

Is this Joe's VP Pick??

Rate this topic

81 posts in this topic

so irritating that "great" means "ticks all the identity politics boxes" and not "has experience and insight and skill needed to manage the worlds largest economy"

Her or Klobuchar. 

I wonder if Biden is aware of his limits as a campaigner. A Presidential campaign is physically punishing, even in a season truncated by a pandemic. He has to have a V.P. who is a really, really good campaigner on her own, to help fill the headlines. Obama alone will not suffice; everyone who appears as a surrogate or partner has got to be very capable on the stump, in TV interviews, and so on. Klobuchar fills that bill. Abrams ran a good campaign in Georgia, or so I read, but it's not a campaign to which anyone outside Ga. really watched closely.

7 mins ago, BrianBM said:

Her or Klobuchar. 

I wonder if Biden is aware of his limits as a campaigner. A Presidential campaign is physically punishing, even in a season truncated by a pandemic. He has to have a V.P. who is a really, really good campaigner on her own, to help fill the headlines. Obama alone will not suffice; everyone who appears as a surrogate or partner has got to be very capable on the stump, in TV interviews, and so on. Klobuchar fills that bill. Abrams ran a good campaign in Georgia, or so I read, but it's not a campaign to which anyone outside Ga. really watched closely.

Klobuchar gives the Dems exactly what they need, strength in the Midwest, Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio, Iowa. Even Kansas if their former Sec State ends up with the Senate nomination.

4 mins ago, BrianBM said:

Most of the national publicity she's enjoyed has come as a result of President Trump's insulting her. That's inadequate.

That's another check-mark in the pro column, from where I'm standing.  

6 mins ago, Jay Dog said:

Klobuchar gives the Dems exactly what they need, strength in the Midwest, Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio, Iowa. Even Kansas if their former Sec State ends up with the Senate nomination.

Good point:)

13 mins ago, BrianBM said:

Most of the national publicity she's enjoyed has come as a result of President Trump's insulting her. That's inadequate.

That and she a power hungry dope!