MattG

PUBLIC APLOOGY TO A FELLOW LBI FISHERMAN

Rate this topic

98 posts in this topic

This is an apology to a fellow SOL member who is my friend and fellow fisherman. I'm hope he reads this. I have called, texted, PM’d, and emailed you several times, but you have not replied. I am not exactly sure what I did or said that ticked you off so much. The only thing that I can think of is a comment I made during the last text message conversation we had back in March. The comment was inappropriate and was said as a joke and not meant to be offensive. I am truly sorry for the comment and my total lack of judgement is inexcusable. I’m sure that our relationship will probably never be the same given the fact that whatever I did or said must have hurt you very much. I always looked forward to our conversations on the beach, and hearing from you on text messages. I hope that you can forgive me.

MattG

Posted (edited) · Report post

this is why I have a deal with my fishing buddy. If I say something he don't like or I upset him we settle it. He can punch me in the face and we get over it. You don't act like a baby ignore my calls, stop talking to me for no reason.  Now my buddy is 6'7 and I am only 6'3. but I would rather be punched in the face and get in a fight I can't win than not have my friend. 

Edited by crazybellringer

31 mins ago, MattG said:

This is an apology to a fellow SOL member who is my friend and fellow fisherman. I'm hope he reads this. I have called, texted, PM’d, and emailed you several times, but you have not replied. I am not exactly sure what I did or said that ticked you off so much. The only thing that I can think of is a comment I made during the last text message conversation we had back in March. The comment was inappropriate and was said as a joke and not meant to be offensive. I am truly sorry for the comment and my total lack of judgement is inexcusable. I’m sure that our relationship will probably never be the same given the fact that whatever I did or said must have hurt you very much. I always looked forward to our conversations on the beach, and hearing from you on text messages. I hope that you can forgive me.

MattG

Well, what did you say that was so offensive?

2 mins ago, Cpalms said:

Well, what did you say that was so offensive?

It was personal and I'd will not repeat it here (or anywhere).

I got called a gooch and made it my sol name :point:.. that’s pretty messed up.. jokes aside. go enjoy a beer have a bbq and make mends when quarantine is over a friendship should never be ruined over such a thing. If all else fails. Send over new plug and a favorite drink ! You already apologized what more can you do? 

Posted (edited) · Report post

14 mins ago, the3fishheads said:

I'll put this here.

Miss your companionship on the beach and boat John.

Sorry for my digressions. 

Dont be a wimp and give me a call.

1 hour ago, MattG said:

MattG

Matt might have just started a movement....

Bill - sorry for being such a balloon knot in 8th grade. It was 100% my fault. Hope you can forgive me. 

Edited by FlukeOff

Just now, FlukeOff said:

Matt might have just started a moment....

Bill - sorry for being such a balloon knot in 8th grade. It was 100% my fault. Hope you can forgive me.

He should have punched u in the face and got over it.

1 hour ago, MattG said:

MattG

Hope the guy is ok. People grow apart sometimes and so is life pal. You can’t over think these things. If you feel you did something wrong fix it and move on.