prican1

Best credit card out there?

Rate this topic

49 posts in this topic

I keep my credit in pretty good shape but like everyone I'm looking for the best bang for my buck, I use my cards for gas, bills and shopping. Who can recommend or has experience with a credit card who gives the most rewards? Let the fun begin...

Not a credit card but if you can manage to pay off in full every month, the American Express Gold card is hard to beat;

(X points per dollar)

4X points at restaurants (I love booze & bars are counted as restaurants)

4X at grocery stores (I buy gas & gift cards at grocery stores to maximize points)

3X travel points

1x points per dollar spent

Sometimes good signup offers 35-50K points.  You also get restaurant & hotel credits per month which I don't use much.

Plus you get a long list of benefits you can add to your card;

amex2.PNG

Edited by DEM Parking Lot

My recommendation is to get a card which meets your particular needs, whether that be cash back or product discounts.   I personally use a GM Card, but the maximum benefit is $500 a year.   If I buy a new GM car every 6 years, I save $3,000 off the final negotiated price.   I buy a lot on credit so when I reach my $500 on the GM card, I go to my LL Bean Card  because I make a lot of purchases there.   I don't use cards that give airline miles because I rarely fly anywhere, yet I know some frequent travelers who swear by them.   Again, tailor the card to your personal needs.   That's my $.02.  

I use the Cabela card but carry no balance. Capital one now owns the Cabela card. I do get good points and discounts on hunting and fishing stuff. 

Discover has been very good to me.. . They match your cash back for the first year, 1% cashback on everything and rotate a different 5% category each quarter (gas, restaurant, Amazon, groceries). Customer service is shockingly good

Any card you don’t have to pay for to have in your pocket. Also look at a card that gives you what you want. Be it trip mileage, goods in return or money back. 

38 mins ago, sandworm said:

the best card is no card , if you don.t have the cash don't buy it.. That's how I ended up with 4 VS reels. :banghd:

SOILD advice right there. That being said, as others have stated tailor to your needs and be mindful of how one swipes and where.