gill

Squid

Rate this topic

42 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Jighead75 said:

Any squid from the bridge yet any numbers ????????    And can i fish in ri with mass salt. lic. or have to buy ri salt.lic.

If your boating in RI from out of state be aware these rules are in effect.

The Covid-19 outbreak is affecting the ways in which Rhode Islanders and out of-state boaters prepare for the coming season. Here are some of the new (and hopefully temporary) rules, as stated by the Department of Environmental Management:

• State launch ramps are open to Rhode Island boaters, except for the ramps at state parks, which remain closed.
  • Out-of-state boaters may not enter a Rhode Island yard to work on their boats unless they are prepared to quarantine aboard the vessel for 14 days.
  • Out-of-state charter boat operators may not enter or do business in Rhode Island.
  • Out-of-state boaters may enter Rhode Island to remove their boats from the state.
  • Out-of-state boaters may enter the state to pick up a vessel they have purchased in RI.
  • Non-resident anglers may not fish in RI waters.
  • Transient boaters may not dock or moor at a RI marina.

Except most RI anglers cannot fish RI either, unless know of the few spots with parking or are willing to walk/ride.

12 hours ago, Jighead75 said:

Any squid from the bridge yet any numbers ????????    And can i fish in ri with mass salt. lic. or have to buy ri salt.lic.

To answer your license question, normally you can fish saltwater in RI with a Mass saltwater license. But as noted above per RI DEM, only RI residents are currently allowed to fish in RI waters.

2 hours ago, SlackTideBri said:

Item 6. Non-Resident anglers may not fish in RI waters. ouch. 

If you read into that statement, you could get around it, IF you're not boating.

Doesn't say anything there about shore fishing?

2 hours ago, SlackTideBri said:

Item 6. Non-Resident anglers may not fish in RI waters. ouch. 

Meanwhile I saw RI people boat fishing a lake in MA last weekend. 

28 mins ago, Capt.Castafly said:

If you read into that statement, you could get around it, IF you're not boating.

Except Queenzilla said you're not supposed to enter RI from out of state for anything but work.  I was out in the East Bay yesterday and there was a lack of Mass plates around

2 hours ago, Capt.Castafly said:

In ten years of fishing RI from shore I've never once even seen a DEM guy or have been asked for my license. I'll be living in right over the river in westerly on the CT side so I'll be irked if someone gives me grief about surfcasting by myself on a desolate beach in the middle of the night. Maybe I'll set my location to my parents house in RI for the license?