Jig Man

Jigman Plugs 2020

43 posts in this topic

I'm not dead yet...I'm getting better...think I'll go for a walk... 

Been a while since I posted in here and even longer since I had some plugs up for sale. Very sorry about that! I hope to change that in the near future. Last year got chaotic with work stuff. Bunch of out of town for 10 days, back for four, repeat for much of the year. Certainly cut into my building time. About six weeks back, I had my right knee replaced. They were supposed to do the left one in the next week or so, but with many things these days, that has been pushed back. Healing up just fine and getting to the point where am I able to build again. Just got a stack of wood in too :)  

On the bright side, I did manage to get some time in working on some new designs and finalizing some that I've been working on for a while. I have finally gotten the gliders how I want them. A very versatile plug. Two different shapes, several sizes. One is very similar to what I posted last year (sort of bunker/peanut shaped, have modified it some), the other more of a herring profile. Should be getting the mold material in this week to do the final production molds. Also need to mill out a weight mold for them, but that is pretty simple and I have the materials on hand. I still have pikies that I turned last year, but never finished. Depending on the knees and what will work best, I may finish up those, or knock out a batch of gliders, then pikies. I'll keep you informed on that. Might go with something new after that, or pull up one of the older designs if there is something that people need. 

I also have a few plugs that I owe to a couple of guys. I have not forgotten! Just need paint, clear coat and wiring. I will knock those out with the first batch of plugs that I finish up and get them out to you.  

So that is where I am with things right now. Hope everyone is staying safe and able to get out some to fish! I'm about healed up enough to fish for a bit before the second knee. 

Andrew

4 mins ago, Jig Man said:

Been a while since I posted in here and even longer since I had some plugs up for sale. Very sorry about that! I hope to change that in the near future. Last year got chaotic with work stuff. Bunch of out of town for 10 days, back for four, repeat for much of the year. Certainly cut into my building time. About six weeks back, I had my right knee replaced. They were supposed to do the left one in the next week or so, but with many things these days, that has been pushed back. Healing up just fine and getting to the point where am I able to build again. Just got a stack of wood in too :)  

On the bright side, I did manage to get some time in working on some new designs and finalizing some that I've been working on for a while. I have finally gotten the gliders how I want them. A very versatile plug. Two different shapes, several sizes. One is very similar to what I posted last year (sort of bunker/peanut shaped, have modified it some), the other more of a herring profile. Should be getting the mold material in this week to do the final production molds. Also need to mill out a weight mold for them, but that is pretty simple and I have the materials on hand. I still have pikies that I turned last year, but never finished. Depending on the knees and what will work best, I may finish up those, or knock out a batch of gliders, then pikies. I'll keep you informed on that. Might go with something new after that, or pull up one of the older designs if there is something that people need. 

I also have a few plugs that I owe to a couple of guys. I have not forgotten! Just need paint, clear coat and wiring. I will knock those out with the first batch of plugs that I finish up and get them out to you.  

So that is where I am with things right now. Hope everyone is staying safe and able to get out some to fish! I'm about healed up enough to fish for a bit before the second knee. 

Andrew

Good to hear from you and better that you are doing ok.

I was thinking of you when i was casting your tailwater popper.....

Glad to hear u are coming along with your knee...holding off now with replacement as the jelly injections have done the trick...can't wait for your gliders...

1 hour ago, Jig Man said:

Andrew

Glad to hear your doing better. I was just thinking to myself about posting in the wtb for some Jig Man Atoms. Then this popped up. Think I’ll hold out for some pikies.

Appreciate the well wishes!

Spooks are one of the plugs I've been revisiting over the last year. Various mods to my other designs. Also a larger 9 inch version with rattles. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, gray gables said:

Ever do a freshwater glider plug? 

Yep. Same style as the larger ones, just down sized. Got several decent lm from the yak this winter with one.

20191228_072357.jpg

Edited by Jig Man
Wrong photo

2 hours ago, Bob S. said:

Glad to hear u are coming along with your knee...holding off now with replacement as the jelly injections have done the trick...can't wait for your gliders...

Injections were not recommended for me. Surgeon said I was beyond that. After surgery he told us that the knee was pretty bad and could have been done several years ago. Hope you get several years before you have to do the surgery. Not as bad as I had envisioned, but not a whole lot of fun.

59 mins ago, Jig Man said:

Appreciate the well wishes!

Spooks are one of the plugs I've been revisiting over the last year. Various mods to my other designs. Also a larger 9 inch version with rattles. 

Sweet!!! Can’t wait! Stay safe!

9 hours ago, captahab416 said:

your big pikies rock and those gliders look pretty sweet as well. Id be interested in both for sure. 

I have 2 and 3 oz pikies sealed. Some 1.5 oz are turned, but still needed holes drilled and such.