Tuna902

Candies

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Some different candies I have tied in the past couple of weeks. Sure hope that the social distancing rule does not applies to the fish when these see the water.

Bob

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Tuna902

On 4/12/2020 at 8:30 AM, Tuna902 said:

Some different candies I have tied in the past couple of weeks. Sure hope that the social distancing rule does not applies to the fish when these see the water.

Bob

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Are the candies in these pics made with a premade product body, or do you cut them?

Are they Flye Foils?

A few are epoxy a few uv resin... Other than a slight difference in color (epoxy tend to get a bit yellowish), transparency (UV is definitely more transparent as it doesn't get any color or bubbles) and resistance (I find epoxy more resistant) you can't tell them apart.

What I do sometimes is do the very first layer just to place the fibers in place with UV and then coat everything in epoxy and put it to spin. It is my compromise between convenience and durability and the final result is very good... no adverse reaction to the mixture.

Hey Brian, if you look closely, almost all have under wings of white bucktail that will support any synthetic when I use them. There are some that incorporate synthetic, but I like using bucktail from the very end of the tail when I can. It is less or is not hollow(no flaring) and is generally very fine. But yes to answer your question there is some that are tied with synthetics.

Bob