stormy monday

Seacoast NH, need an 8 weight line?

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Not doing this on buy/sell/trade cos I don't have paypal, don't want to ship and don't want any money. How's that for an intro? So yeah I have an 8 weight line, it's a Rio General Purpose, floating camo/olive running line with a clear intermediate sink tip. Bought it for like $80 down in SC and have used it maybe 5 times. Honestly, it was my last attempt at a Rio line and I don't like it any better than the other Rios I've had. I have too many random lines piling up so I just want to give this away. If you have an 8 weight, want it and can meet in a socially distant way around Exeter/Hampton/Rye/Portsmouth let me know. I will however accept salt water hooks or beer because I've been working at home for a month with wife and 20 year old daughter and am working very hard at becoming a high functioning alcoholic OK maybe not high functioning...let me know if ya want it :-) 

You’re a very good man. I still love that 12 weight you gave me...the virus burnt a Florida shark trip that I had planned where that rod would be my main piece of equipment...one day it’ll land something that really bends it and I’m forever grateful. 

****. I'm about to micro-fish. A sunfish sounds like a monster score right now! 

Wish I was closer and it wasn't Easter. I'd take the line.

Edited by punkroktownie

14 hours ago, stormy monday said:

I'm psyched you're using it! Yeah a year ago I was catching tarpon in Puerto Rico. We'll get through this and big fish will come our way!

It’s a really nice stick honestly, I’m bummed as that trip had things aligned well, but just like you said, we’ll get through this and the fish will be there when we do. I hope all is well with yours.