levari

Need help with Saltist STT5000H (old model)

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

I need to replace the oscillation gear B (58) on my 50000H. I got to a point which I have no clue how to remove it. 
The main shaft (55) is blocking it and I can’t figure out how to remove it.

also need advise which tool to use to remove the screw I(60)that holding the oscillation gear in place.

Thank you in advance !!!

14F30664-090C-433A-B5F6-74B6306B4BAB.jpeg

15 mins ago, avet4life said:

should be able to take out the AR, and the Pinion bearing and pinion gear, slide main shaft out ,, 

Nope... You will need to separate the traverse guide from the main shaft and pull out the main shaft

I always remove the pinion gear and clutch bearing then slide the main shaft out the back. Doing their same during reassembly.

You can’t slide it out when the traverse guide is attached. After removing the traverse guide the main shaft can be remove without any issues. Do you have any experience with the Saltist reel?

Levari,

How did you remove the traverse guide from the main shaft I dont see the (typical for some reel designs) 2 machine screws that fix the shaft to the guide?

I've serviced a number of Saltists, perhaps newer than yours and always remove the ar clutch, then the pull the pinion and its bearing and then you can pull the shaft out the back with the traverse guide still attached.

Posted (edited) · Report post

31 mins ago, ZAFisher said:

Levari,

How did you remove the traverse guide from the main shaft I dont see the (typical for some reel designs) 2 machine screws that fix the shaft to the guide?

I've serviced a number of Saltists, perhaps newer than yours and always remove the ar clutch, then the pull the pinion and its bearing and then you can pull the shaft out the back with the traverse guide still attached.

The traverse guide is to big to be pulled out. There is a side screw that attaches the traverse guide to the main shaft. You have to put the screwdriver in angle but I assume the technicians at Daiwa have a special tool for it.   

Edited by levari

You take the top parts out first. It will them come out the back. Remove the pinion gear, 3 little screws, and the pinion bearing. Now you have room to pull the crosswind block and spool shaft out the back. That the only way to completely service the reel.

there is a small retaining clip showing on top of the right side bearing. Remove it to to get the main gear out.

Edited by handi2

1 hour ago, handi2 said:

You take the top parts out first. It will them come out the back. Remove the pinion gear, 3 little screws, and the pinion bearing. Now you have room to pull the crosswind block and spool shaft out the back. That the only way to completely service the reel.

there is a small retaining clip showing on top of the right side bearing. Remove it to to get the main gear out.

Are you talking about my reel which is Saltist STT5000?

I also don’t understand what you mean by pulling it out the back? There is no way to pull anything out the back.

Please give me the part number of the 3 screws your are talking about if that the same reel.

15F16C53-5EF3-430B-8C09-2A0C6376FDF3.png

I just did th 6500h,, and Keith is correct,  I did not took pictures,,,but google saltist service and there is a 4500 service with many pictures 

1 hour ago, avet4life said:

I just did th 6500h,, and Keith is correct,  I did not took pictures,,,but google saltist service and there is a 4500 service with many pictures 

I found it. I was able to remove the shaft without removing the pinion gear.

Thank you both. 

Edited by levari