WorcBoy

Carp Fishing Charles River

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

Hi guys

Trying to help my son out. He lives in Brighton and looking to fish. We have canoed and fished the Charles in the Brighton stretch, but he wants to carp fish. Not looking for specific spots, just intel if one section is better then the other.

Thanks in advance

Not to hyjack the thread, but I am curious where to put a boat in on the Charles? I am interested in going there this weekend. 

As a kid I remember HUGE carp by the museum. That was a long time ago. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

I can remember back in the 90's a few select radio employees from 'BCN saw Jeff Buckley do a quick 4-5 song acoustic show at Mama Kin during a fine afternoon.

We exited the show and proceed to go smoke a few spliffs in the Fenway next to one of the tributaries of the Charles in the woods.  

I remember distinctively looking down and see some really large gold fish glowing in the water.  

Good luck!

Edited by flylikabird

5 mins ago, flylikabird said:

I can remember back in the 90's a few select radio employees from 'BCN saw Jeff Buckley do a quick 4-5 song acoustic show at Mama Kin during a fine afternoon.

We exited the show and proceed to go smoke a few spliffs in the Fenway next to one of the tributaries of the Charles in the woods.  

I remember distinctively looking down and see some really large gold fish glowing in the water.  

Good luck!

Muddy river? Right by storrow drive?

13 mins ago, ged said:

Not to hyjack the thread, but I am curious where to put a boat in on the Charles? I am interested in going there this weekend. 

Nonantum road brighton

The location wasn't too far from the venue....but as far as nailing it down.   .

That's a bit foggy.  :p

After a quick look on google earth ,.....

What is now Fenway Garden Society area....I recall we were in a wood section. 

It was obscure from the city if that's even possible.

I remember my girlfriend had the flu and it stopped me from seeing his full show later that night.

I became a huge fan and then he ended up dying before he ever came back to Boston.

Posted (edited) · Report post

There were several ...

...you know....a school.

I've seen plenty of Carp blown out through the locks of the Charles in the North End.

Don't give me that goldfish story!!!!!!!

Edited by flylikabird

I caught some sort of tropical looking wrasse-like critter in the lower Charles, might have been a big mbuna or peacock species. People dump all kinds of things in there.

The place is loaded with carp, anywhere shallow enough you'll spot them from shore. Check out feeder streams, current breaks, subsurface vegetation, the usual fish indicators.

1 hour ago, ged said:

I think there is a ramp by Brighton yacht club or Brighton rowing center? 

36 mins ago, flylikabird said:

There were several ...

...you know....a school.

I've seen plenty of Carp blown out through the locks of the Charles in the North End.

Don't give me that goldfish story!!!!!!!

I'm just telling you I've seen huge dead goldfish there never said there wasn't carp there. 

5 mins ago, WorcBoy said:

I think there is a ramp by Brighton yacht club or Brighton rowing center? 

Yup brighton row center. Havent been there in years ever since they opened up they took up alot of the parking spaces.