Helluva storm right now

Rate this topic

CharlieK

Here it is Thursday at 1:45 PM. I left my home at 1:30 with the sun beating down to hit my local lake for some freshwater lm bass. Ten minutes in and it starts to drizzle so I sat in the truck waiting for it to pass. Soon it gets totally dark and the thunder and lightning starts and I am being pelted with dime sized hale with 20 mph winds.  It lasted for about 10 minutes and it looks like I will be back out there in a few.

if you are east of Mercer County beware because this looks like a dangerous front coming thru.

Im in SE CT, and we've had your storm since 1130hrs. Any more rain and I should be able to fish my backyard. Although with the winds, It might not be safe to fish back there.

I never thought I'd see the day I'd have to count the breakers in my yard!

Actually with the thunderstorms, maybe I won't go out there.

I haven't seen storms like this in a long long time!

6 hours ago, CharlieK said:

Here it is Thursday at 1:45 PM. I left my home at 1:30 with the sun beating down to hit my local lake for some freshwater lm bass. Ten minutes in and it starts to drizzle so I sat in the truck waiting for it to pass. Soon it gets totally dark and the thunder and lightning starts and I am being pelted with dime sized hale with 20 mph winds.  It lasted for about 10 minutes and it looks like I will be back out there in a few.

if you are east of Mercer County beware because this looks like a dangerous front coming thru.

Srsly Charlie, how did you not know it was coming thru?

Really, I'd like to know how any angler worth his salt, especially now when the weather forecast is in yer pocket ( with bleeping/buzzing alerts ), doesn't know that it's gonna frickin rain in ten minutes near me?????

Oh, and BTW, did you bother to look at the frickin sky/horizon before you got in yer truck?

Cause I did and saw a black wall of clouds apparently an hour before you. But then, I knew it was coming because I was paying attention.

No sympathy here.

Edited by Ben Lippen

Not looking for nor do I need your sympathy my friend. :howdy: The way my house sits with tall trees behind it to the west, I am unable to see the horizon and the 3 minute drive to the lake is east bound so again I am not really seeing the western sky.  As I said it was bright and sunny when I left and I fish this spot very often because it is so convenient that I almost always never check the weather or radar before going there.

Especially in this case where I was maybe just getting out from my quarantine status for a mental break to a safe haven. When I arrived I could see the full western sky and although it was windy, there as no  major front in sight. That appeared in about 10 minutes and I headed for cover immediately when the slight drizzle started.

18 hours ago, Ben Lippen said:

Srsly Charlie, how did you not know it was coming thru?

Really, I'd like to know how any angler worth his salt, especially now when the weather forecast is in yer pocket ( with bleeping/buzzing alerts ), doesn't know that it's gonna frickin rain in ten minutes near me?????

Oh, and BTW, did you bother to look at the frickin sky/horizon before you got in yer truck?

Cause I did and saw a black wall of clouds apparently an hour before you. But then, I knew it was coming because I was paying attention.

No sympathy here.

Wow seems to be a habit going after People  ( Members ) one on his first post & one now not being High Tech I suffer from having a Flip Phone The only alerts I get are Amber. But I do watch and check in to the News 12 weather channel where 85% of the time they say a storm is coming and it is a NO SHOW I can see in all directions but I don't feel anyone was looking for Sympathy Is ( SRSLY  ) CHARLIE French for SORRY at the start of your post.  Just Funning with you. 

I was wading way out in a local river on the muscle beds and man that leading edge came through. I was scared SH...

I never been blown over before but yesterday I got blown over. The wind blew so hard the a water was white with spray and it was so loud. I thought I was gonna die. I was thinking tornado because it look exactly what I have seen in the news. 

Made it back to the car and thought why didn't I check the weather? Oooops....

If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got.

4 hours ago, Cheeckakoe said:

Wow seems to be a habit going after People  ( Members ) one on his first post & one now not being High Tech I suffer from having a Flip Phone The only alerts I get are Amber. But I do watch and check in to the News 12 weather channel where 85% of the time they say a storm is coming and it is a NO SHOW I can see in all directions but I don't feel anyone was looking for Sympathy Is ( SRSLY  ) CHARLIE French for SORRY at the start of your post.  Just Funning with you. 

Midnight the night before News 12 reported the next day rain in the morning than clear and sunny in the afternoon. It turned out to be wrong as usual with full sun all morning up until I left my house at about 1:00.  Regardless of the weather report, I would have gone to the lake even if I knew there was a storm coming, just to get out for a while even if it was to just sit in the truck and look at the water.

3 hours ago, Eeeeels said:

I was wading way out in a local river on the muscle beds and man that leading edge came through. I was scared SH...

I never been blown over before but yesterday I got blown over. The wind blew so hard the a water was white with spray and it was so loud. I thought I was gonna die. I was thinking tornado because it look exactly what I have seen in the news. 

Made it back to the car and thought why didn't I check the weather? Oooops....

I guess you too didn't read the Ben Lippen book " A guide for anglers not worth his salt."