Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shbeachbum

"Effective immediately, Sandy Hook will be closed to all park visitors until further notice," Sandy Hook officials announced Wednesday. |

Rate this topic

65 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Governor F head just shut down none essential construction too. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/04/nj-orders-all-non-essential-construction-to-stop-in-latest-coronavirus-lockdown-restriction.html%3foutputType=amp

What else will he shut down? I’m sure he’s got a list. 

Edited by MattieG

What is non essential construction? If you're in the middle of a home renovation are they supposed to stop?

Who checks this crap? So the "immigrants" can continue to clean houses, cook in "essential" restaurants, etc, but let's continue to shut down all other businesses.

10 mins ago, fdhog said:

What is non essential construction? If you're in the middle of a home renovation are they supposed to stop?

Who checks this crap? So the "immigrants" can continue to clean houses, cook in "essential" restaurants, etc, but let's continue to shut down all other businesses.

Thank you for saying this...and frankly, I give you credit because it seems like when people bring up the E word as in economy they are shamed by so called "experts" and politicians. I take this health crisis so seriously. It's not a joke. I have friends and fam who work in E.R's. It can be a devastating illness. That being said, I'm sick of this houlier than tho mentality of people who refuse to discuss the economy. As if you are a Mr. Burns or Scrooge like character. It needs to be addressed. Shutting down the U.S ecomony for 30-60-90 days is MAJOR. Even Cuomo who I'm not a huge fan of is getting the itch. He recognizes NYC is a powerhouse and needs to be back in business. I got into it today on wabc radio with Curtis Sliwa and Juliett Huddy. Particularly with Huddy. It's as if you cant say a d*mn word about the economy. America is hurting right now. People are out of work and many are wondering when and IF they'll get back. Sorry, but it's time to have the discussion whether people like it or not. If there is not light by the end of April, expect people to get reaaaaaaaaaal restless.

Edited by joefishnj21

42 mins ago, fdhog said:

I'm going to work until the cops come and stop me. I have bills to pay and people to support. I ain't waiting on no gummint check. Hell, I don't wan't it. Ain't signing up for nuthin'. 

49 mins ago, Ben Lippen said:

I'm going to work until the cops come and stop me. I have bills to pay and people to support. I ain't waiting on no gummint check. Hell, I don't wan't it. Ain't signing up for nuthin'. 

Don't think they'll bother a crew of 1, perhaps the target is large projects with large crews that can't abide by social distancing.  My son and SIL both work construction or provide a construction like service (HVAC).  I'll see if they're working next week.  I hope so. 

25 mins ago, Darth Baiter said:

Don't think they'll bother a crew of 1, perhaps the target is large projects with large crews that can't abide by social distancing.

Granted I've ben severely restricted in my travels of late, but I have not seen one crew of framers or sheathers  , except for the roofers and  lawn guys. Still have seen van loads of them doing cleanups and fencing/landscaping, etc. More frickin illeagles gonna screw me. Scumsuckers.

Edited by Ben Lippen

So let’s say, your getting a new sidewalk, it’s framed out but not poured and the guys have to stop. Then  someone comes walking down the street and breaks her ankle  tripping over a board  are you going to get sued.  That would be a nice payday for somebody that’s out of work , because the governor put the guys that are supposed to build that walkway out of work .

All open excavations no matter how small have to be secured before the crew leaves, that includes cones, caution tape etc. Barriers if necessary. All the common sense things to alert a pedestrian of an oncomming hazard condition no matter how obvious. It's your premises but they are responsible for securing it. Ultimately it's your premises so if they don't do that you should, regardless of the legal mumbo jumbo, indemnity etc, because it's just the right thing to do. Hittin' the bay this weekend some how some way?

3 hours ago, bayyaker54 said:

So let’s say, your getting a new sidewalk, it’s framed out but not poured and the guys have to stop. Then  someone comes walking down the street and breaks her ankle  tripping over a board  are you going to get sued.  That would be a nice payday for somebody that’s out of work , because the governor put the guys that are supposed to build that walkway out of work .

If that's my house/yard/sidewalk, I would park my truck right on top of it. Force the idiot people to look up and walk around. Take the grief from any cop. It's better than getting mired into a who's fault lawsuit.

Oh, and there can never be enough "caution" tape. Twenty feet away from the caution area is too close for me.

Besides, nobody is supposed to be near you or your house anyway right now.

On 4/8/2020 at 3:34 PM, joefishnj21 said:

Thank you for saying this...and frankly, I give you credit because it seems like when people bring up the E word as in economy they are shamed by so called "experts" and politicians. I take this health crisis so seriously. It's not a joke. I have friends and fam who work in E.R's. It can be a devastating illness. That being said, I'm sick of this houlier than tho mentality of people who refuse to discuss the economy. As if you are a Mr. Burns or Scrooge like character. It needs to be addressed. Shutting down the U.S ecomony for 30-60-90 days is MAJOR. Even Cuomo who I'm not a huge fan of is getting the itch. He recognizes NYC is a powerhouse and needs to be back in business. I got into it today on wabc radio with Curtis Sliwa and Juliett Huddy. Particularly with Huddy. It's as if you cant say a d*mn word about the economy. America is hurting right now. People are out of work and many are wondering when and IF they'll get back. Sorry, but it's time to have the discussion whether people like it or not. If there is not light by the end of April, expect people to get reaaaaaaaaaal restless.

100%. This whole stay at home experiment was poorly thought out. This virus isn't going away. Tired of these "experts"..the same geniuses that said it was appropriate to leave all travel open well after it was apparent this virus could move. Same Einstein's that said masks dont work and people just learned how to wash their hands the problem will take care of itself. These are the same morons that are shutting down the greatest economy in the world down to flatten a curve to compensate the broken and hollowed out medical system we have. 

The main victims are the elderly and people with pre-existing conditions. Find a way to quarentine them instead of the healthy population. This way you dont have to shut down commerce. 

Stay home, collect your free unemployment. fish when you can, and stop complaining so much. There are other places to fish other then sandy hook. The ban is not for just fishermen, it's in general for the morons that keep going places on nice days where people congregate. There are miles and miles of coast of the bay rivers streams and oceans. Explore new areas and be grateful your able to leave your home.