Fishy4335

The Wuhan/Chinese Virus? Is this proper?!

Rate this topic

91 posts in this topic

It originates in China, so it is the China Virus using past conventions of naming. If you wanted to get more specific, it could be called the Wuhan Virus. 

Those are simple geographic descriptors. No worse than Ebola, West Nile, Middle East, Zika, etc.

The one that was really incorrectly names was the Spanish Flu of 1918, it did not originate in Spain but Spain was the first country to formally identify it. 

The controversy around the naming is that some people do not want to stigmatized any culture with "owning" a virus. 

Absolutely it is...Been done plenty of times before..

Only difference is it's 2020

It is what it is.   I'm sure if it originated in the US it would be called the American Flu (or the Trump Flu by the media).    

According to DemocRATS the term “Chinese Virus” is racist! Then again, everything is about race with those rats.

Posted (edited) · Report post

***** are the most racist people on earth, so it makes sense that their virus would kill more ********. 

Edited by TimS
enough

I really don't have an issue with the logic behind how/why it became called the Chinese/Wuhan virus. However, my question is was there an issue people found with just calling it coronavirus or COVID19 like we had done for months beforehand? Seemed everyone was doing fine with referring to it as that. What happened? 

20 mins ago, Littoral Larry said:

I really don't have an issue with the logic behind how/why it became called the Chinese/Wuhan virus. However, my question is was there an issue people found with just calling it coronavirus or COVID19 like we had done for months beforehand? Seemed everyone was doing fine with referring to it as that. What happened? 

Orange man keeps repeating it, sheeps follow.