IslandSurf

Epicenter Of The Virus

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

So they were saying on Fox News that Suffolk County Is now the new epicenter of the Corona Virus.I was driving around today and all i do is see crowds of people everywhere I go.Its like no one is even paying attention to any of this.

May I add self-centered and selfish disregard for others?  Who are these people we have to live with?  Do our elders have to be threatened by their careless disregard for others?

Just sayin'!

check 27east for an up to date map , hamlet by hamlet breakdown of where the rates of infection are highest and get back to us please. There are some hotspots where there are high population densities and others with a large illegal immigrant population living in very crowded communities. Throw in some asshats that came from the city already infected , put the percentage on a relatively small population and it looks much worse than it actually is. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 min ago, pakalolo said:

check 27east for an up to date map , hamlet by hamlet breakdown of where the rates of infection are highest and get back to us please. There are some hotspots where there are high population densities and others with a large illegal immigrant population living in very crowded communities. Throw in some asshats that came from the city already infected , put the percentage on a relatively small population and it looks much worse than it actually is. 

I saw a town by town map today and its bad man...Im in Holtsville and we have 141 cases here.

Edited by IslandSurf

It's insane, I went to Hempstead lake to wet a line and there was a group of 20 morons playing softball. Other than that most people seemed to be keeping to themselves. 

6 hours ago, IslandSurf said:

I saw a town by town map today and its bad man...Im in Holtsville and we have 141 cases here.

Keep in mind to take those town by town number with a grain of salt. The real numbers are easily 3-4 times what is on there. Not saying they're hiding anything but they only show people who actually test positive. My friend and his brother work together and they both got it from a coworker there. They managed to get tested but it was after it spread to both their wives and children. They told them there was no reason to waste a test on them since they were confirmed. So officially only 2 people on the books had it but in reality 8 people had it. 

12 hours ago, baldadonis2002 said:

Any chance you have a data source for that ?  town by town?  ...wanted to check it out

Newsday has been putting up maps on a near-daily basis.  The interesting figure is infection density, which compares the number of people infected to the population.  Bears out what Pakololo said; infectiuons for the most part tend to be concentrated in poorer areas, with dense housing, many multi-family buildings, etc.  Also in one or two places where many residents attended a handful of crowded religious services.  For the most part, space=relative safety.