Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sudsy

All state and county parks officially shut down as of tonight

Rate this topic

33 posts in this topic

What does this mean for fishing?

A LOT of the Bayshore is county parkland

And does that mean the entire Delaware Raritan canal trail is shut down, so most of the Delaware is now closed for shad fishing ??

I don't think there is any activity specific information other than hiking being banned. Fishing should be fine but I just hope this mandate wakes up the people that haven't taken COVID seriously. 

"Your local municipal park may still be open. The decision to open or close local parks is up to the local governing body, Murphy said. However, he warned residents not to travel to another town to use their parks if your local park is closed." 

Posted (edited) · Report post

I honestly don't know things if things will go back to what we once would consider "normal" again.  The fact that this has happened, most likely means it'll happen again. They're still over there operating these "wet markets," and still eating their bat soup. I hope we get past all this, and we can enjoy the lives we once had, but how? 

Edited by MattieG

12 mins ago, greenmachine96 said:

I don't think there is any activity specific information other than hiking being banned. Fishing should be fine...

"Closed," i would think that means for everything lol

28 mins ago, fdhog said:

I don't understand how they can eat this crap. Didn't they ever hear of chicken soup?

23773278_0_image_a_12_1579784331717_d11c3444bdb21753a900feb11f4a77a419357b90.jpg

Fuquin savage 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Park Police will probably be at the entrances. I take this to mean everything is a no go. Some beaches closed, all others probably to follow. People will be looking for different places to fish and they will be CROWDED. Will probably cause local LEO's to close them down.

Guess party boats are SOL. 

Hopefully marinas aren't closed so I can at least get the boat out.

I missed the last 2 spring seasons due to surgeries and was looking forward to this one.

Edited by fdhog

Even though Sandy Hook is a federal park I can’t see them keeping that open for the tsunami of people that would be rushing in there.  this past weekend was a €¥§\ show.  I can imagine with all the other parks closed what would happen 

3 hours ago, fdhog said:

Park Police will probably be at the entrances. I take this to mean everything is a no go. Some beaches closed, all others probably to follow. People will be looking for different places to fish and they will be CROWDED. Will probably cause local LEO's to close them down.

Guess party boats are SOL. 

Hopefully marinas aren't closed so I can at least get the boat out.

I missed the last 2 spring seasons due to surgeries and was looking forward to this one.

Party boats have been shut down for weeks.

I was up at Worthington State Park fishing today and a ranger pulled up - very nice guy - said as of 8 PM yo need to be out of the park - he was very apologetic but said the entrance at Old Mine Rd will be closed indefinitely. So if you access the Delaware there to fish its a no go unfortunately.

i fished to 7:45 PM and the rangers were waiting for me to leave so they could finish butting up the barricades. 

5B54B6BA-446F-4A53-BC4D-5B5FDF85D6C8.jpeg

Social distancing appears to be effectively curbing the spread of the virus in New Jersey, Murphy said, telling residents to "stay at your home unless you absolutely need to go out."

I guess in his view going fishing is absolutely an essential need.

6 hours ago, fdhog said:

I don't understand how they can eat this crap. Didn't they ever hear of chicken soup?

23773278_0_image_a_12_1579784331717_d11c3444bdb21753a900feb11f4a77a419357b90.jpg

but it has such a nice smile..just screams eat me ..no..lol...some strange F-in people and people r saying we as fisherman dont get it..wtf do we say about them nuts