The Fisherman

Farmington River Truttasaurus

Rate this topic

25 posts in this topic

And then the bottom fought back...

AprilTruttasaurus.jpeg.657ecbd2569428d412a1788287652a0a.jpeg

One thing's for sure, this Farmington River Survivor Strain brown has been eating well. Look at that tummy. Look at those shoulders. Look at that tail. What a beautiful sparsely spotted brute. Taken yesterday on a size 14 Frenchie variant.

Steve Culton

1 hour ago, The Fisherman said:

One thing's for sure, this Farmington River Survivor Strain brown has been eating well. Look at that tummy. Look at those shoulders. Look at that tail. What a beautiful sparsely spotted brute. Taken yesterday on a size 14 Frenchie variant.

Steve Culton

slob has a belly like a large mouth..lol..beauty of a fish congrats

5 hours ago, ctownfisherman said:

Beautiful  fish and congrats.  I've  seen several bows caught over 24" in that riversystem. Some real giants lie within its banks. 

Town of Riverton stocks those bows for the Hitchcock Chair Fishing Derby every April. A private hatchery in Connecticut supplies those trout for the derby. I know the guy and he has some huge brown and rainbow trout at his hatchery. 

53 mins ago, SlackTideBri said:

Town of Riverton stocks those bows for the Hitchcock Chair Fishing Derby every April. A private hatchery in Connecticut supplies those trout for the derby. I know the guy and he has some huge brown and rainbow trout at his hatchery. 

That guy is a weirdo. You should see some of these fish I've seen come off the state truck's recently.

8 hours ago, Kima said:

That guy is a weirdo. You should see some of these fish I've seen come off the state truck's 

That weirdo's fish cost 4x less to raise and are much better quality than those tasteless, mud pond state fish. Sure have the public juked with survivor strain brown program. Can't just invent a strain but you guys in green have you're fun. Funny....can't seem find Farmington survivor strain browns in the USGS National fish strain registry..:headscratch: 

32 mins ago, SlackTideBri said:

That weirdo's fish cost 4x less to raise and are much better quality than those tasteless, mud pond state fish. Sure have the public juked with survivor strain brown program. Can't just invent a strain but you guys in green have you're fun. Funny....can't seem find Farmington survivor strain browns in the USGS National fish strain registry..:headscratch: 

Don't even get me started on the USGS guys....

10 hours ago, SlackTideBri said:

Fond memories as a young man of Opening Day at the Hitchcock Chair Company, haven't been there in over 40 years.  I remember guys lined up shoulder to shoulder on both sides of the stream and also up the middle waiting for 6am.  Fish showing all over and trick was keeping your line from getting tangled with 3 or 4 other guys.  Best fishing there was actually 1 to 2 weeks after Opening Day when it returned to sanity and one could fish in peace.  Saw some HUGE fish taken out of there, though.  Thanks for the memories!

19 hours ago, The Fisherman said:

Steve Culton

Steve not sure  but I believe we met on the Salmon River in NY a few years back. I helped you land a brown that makes that look like a fingerling.always remember a face and I finally remembered where i saw yours. great catch

2 hours ago, Kima said:

Don't even get me started on the USGS guys....

Will be driving right by you this morning on 118 headed to a customer. Hope all is well and you guys are safe at the Burl. 

13 mins ago, SlackTideBri said:

Will be driving right by you this morning on 118 headed to a customer. Hope all is well and you guys are safe at the Burl. 

So far so good here. Are you doing any business now?  Our club postponed fishing until further notice.