Haycreekrambler

Trout season is open

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Haycreekrambler said:

Just to let all you fellow Pennsylvanians know statewide trout season is open. Remember stay a rod length apart!!

Understand why they did it but feel bad for the kids. A couple buddies are out now in Montco said not many people out at all. Either not everyone has heard or people are still staying home.

Posted (edited) · Report post

6 mins ago, cec127 said:

Understand why they did it but feel bad for the kids. A couple buddies are out now in Montco said not many people out at all. Either not everyone has heard or people are still staying home.

Doubt alot of people know yet, I had been looking at the pa fish website daily figured this might happen. They couldn't let a traditional 8am opener happen, to many people in one spot.  

Edited by Haycreekrambler

I saw it early this morning, about a half hour before they made the press release. I'm stuck at work for the day...

I'm sure there are some people that don't know, but it's been all over social media, on every local TV and radio show around.. 

My girlfriend has been out hammering them most of the day, said she caught upwards of 50 this morning before seeing another fisherman. Around 1:30 she said there were more people showing up..

Edited by ByronPA

48 mins ago, odiemike86 said:

im just glad i can legally fish the approved trout waters for bait now

No doubt, in my County it seems like every little roadside ditch is an approved trout water and I'm like, I just want to catch some chubs...

5 hours ago, Haycreekrambler said:

Just to let all you fellow Pennsylvanians know statewide trout season is open. Remember stay a rod length apart!!

Spoke w/ a buddy who fished a few places in my area this afternoon.

What he said was disappointing, but not suprising. He said there were no fish in the places we like to fish. Only at piled up at bridges. I understand why and do appreciate that they even got them in. Also even though last min, mid-week announcement, he said there were crowds at the were not playing nice. Again, not surprised, but indeed, disappointed.

Be safe please

JD

Just drove around looking at water. There are a pile of people out. From what I was told the state did a poor job spreading out the fish. I'm just happy I can fish anywhere now. Think I'm gonna go up to the cabin. Way better area to socially distance than down here!!

My work is pretty slow right now so I was sitting here at home this morning drinking coffee when I heard the news lady on TV say trout season is open. I dropped everything, ran out to the garage and threw my stuff in the truck and headed to the creek. I passed a few popular spots where there was nobody fishing, so I kept going to one of the most popular and heavily stocked holes around here. There was one other guy there and he was rippin 'em! So I jumped in a safe distance away from him and started doing the same. Don't know how many I caught today but I got alot of fish. Probably the best opening day I've ever had as far as numbers of fish and big fish caught. 

23 hours ago, odiemike86 said:

im just glad i can legally fish the approved trout waters for bait now

Found a few new bait spots yesterday afternoon.... time to get the bait tanks up and running.

09BC572B-6484-4AD3-8A31-8F5D772D885C.jpeg

1 min ago, bigfish4me said:

Found a few new bait spots yesterday afternoon.... time to get the bait tanks up and running.

Fallfish are gold this time of year

6 mins ago, odiemike86 said:

Fallfish are gold this time of year

You know they are thick when you catch a dozen on a rooster tail.....time to feed the big girls some big baits.... this was in montco county too, my mind was blown

3 hours ago, bigfish4me said:

I always thought they were a cool fish. They can save a trip for sure.

I went out for a couple hours this morning. Fished under a bridge that by several accounts, got absolutely pounded yesterday and a ton of fish were caught, yesterday.

I ws ready to cut and run to the delayed harvest section if people started showing up and getting close. I didn't have any bait, but I did have Gulp trout worms. Yes, I know those won't fly in artificial only, so I would drop them in the truck.

Anyway, peeps around me had a slow pick on rainbows on wax worms and trout bait.

I tried the Gulp trout worms and hung 4 nice browns. One got off the stringer. I was the only one I saw or spoke w/ that got a brown. I forgot to add, we had a very impressive thunderstorm last night and the water was high and muddy.

Gonna make "baked trout Saratoga" for dinner. I'll use some left over pizza sauce.

Be carful out there.

JD

F5D5CC17-A670-4565-B332-26E6751B6227.heic

Edited by jjdbike

Don't mess things up for the real anglers guys. I have been out fishing for real fish since early this year.

Other states have banned fishing because of guys stampeding to fish for salmon shoulderto shoulder.

Be responsible, be smart, be safe, and don't mess it up for us fisherman on your opening day of trout season.

As a side note, this openner is around the same time as our peak in cases of covid19 is expected. Be smart!

Edited by Beastly Backlash