codfish

You only need one color for the Canal

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

I am not a Canal guy but my friend is so when he said "you only need one color for the Canal" I said prove it? here is his response, what say you? 

oliveswimbait.png

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, Gotcow? said:

White is alright.

If it's only one color, it's white.

Racist...…………………  :laugh:

Edited by b-ware

Daytime: if it’s at least half white, it’s at least half right.

night time: I like brown best but pink, white and dark two tones ( blurple, black/red, black/gold) are high on the list.

5 hours ago, codfish said:

I am not a Canal guy but my friend is so when he said "you only need one color for the Canal" I said prove it? here is his response, what say you? 

oliveswimbait.png

Olive/white is this color maybe its just it has white in it??

Posted (edited) · Report post

I’ll take profile and action over color any day. While I agree that if you you can catch on color x, you probably would’ve caught most days on color y and sure, most plugs look white from the bottom.

That being said, with it being harder these days due to the decline, I am going to try to bring extra colors and extra profiles for the days that I might be staring a skunk in the face and hope that it gives me the confidence to stay a few minutes extra minutes or to try a different retrieve or presentation and I’m still going to keep trying to see if the fish lock onto a color, stripes, a spot, or something else makes a difference to try to turn a good outing into a great one or to lure the big one who may have seen it all before.

Edited by Searobin

Luckily we don't have to settle for one :th:

But if it came down to it, since 90% of my time on the canal is spent jigging night tides i'd take black over red.

4 hours ago, Gwiz said:

80% white but 20%green Mac 

agreed on color but more 50-50 for me depends on whats around for bait squid or macks but def white and green  mack  last few yrs