Captain Ahab

Quarantine shopping

23 posts in this topic

So i have a gift cert to Tackle Warehouse and have been adding and removing various items to my cart.

I have huges piles of tackle and lures etc.  But i have the itch to get more.

All ideas welcome 

A good assortment of NED rig heads and soft plastics.  I've enjoyed adding the NED rig to my bass fishing arsenal.  OH

My approach to gift cards is to buy stuff I wouldn't be buying anyways with my own money. 

Or, add it to a big ticket purchase that I'm reluctant to buy because of price.

5 mins ago, Old Hunter said:

A good assortment of NED rig heads and soft plastics.  I've enjoyed adding the NED rig to my bass fishing arsenal.  OH

Been thinking about this.  Thanks

.the only rig I"ve fished this spring.

0 or 1 BB swivels

#2 cheap split rings

#4 or larger colorado blades

Zman diesel minnows 4" or 5"

size 3/0 or 5/0 weighted worm hook.....(if you go the spring lock route pic up some norman speed clips and remove the spring lock.....use an xacto to cut he nose then stick the speed clip in the nose and stick some 80lb mono through the plastic and the speed clip to lock the nose of the  bait in place.

sewing needle and braided line

Cut off tail add spinnerblade...

22 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

.the only rig I"ve fished this spring.

0 or 1 BB swivels

#2 cheap split rings

#4 or larger colorado blades

Zman diesel minnows 4" or 5"

size 3/0 or 5/0 weighted worm hook.....(if you go the spring lock route pic up some norman speed clips and remove the spring lock.....use an xacto to cut he nose then stick the speed clip in the nose and stick some 80lb mono through the plastic and the speed clip to lock the nose of the  bait in place.

sewing needle and braided line

Cut off tail add spinnerblade...

Do you have a pic of one of these rigs?  Am i correct that you are cutting the tail off your soft plastic and adding a spinner blade in its' place?  Is mono connected at one end and the speed clip and then run through the bait before adding the spinner blade at the tail end?  I don't really ever fish for bass, but, this has me very interested in this rig.  Might be a killer on the big heavily fished bass in a very small pond near my office.

sam 

Think back what you needed right away from a bait shop....

Maybe purchase something to catcheck your own bait.

Rod tip repair.

You have rough terminal tackle.  Spare fishing line.

If you like using live eels,  maybe get some sluggos.   

Also, we might be fishing back bays more for awhile if beaches and boat launches are closed.

Myself.....   spare prop cause I go through them.  

1 hour ago, flyrodder44 said:

Note:  If you buy split rings, buy a split ring pliers.  I have found that they really help and save my fingernails,  :banghd:

I have a few different sizes of split ring pliers and they do help.

You are suffering from the "NOT ENOUGH TACKLE VIRUS".  Little subliminal voices from fishing videos on Youtube are telling you need this brand artificial bait, rigs, rods, reels etc. "Resistance Is Futile" quit your job and Bruise the credit card until they come and take you away.

10 hours ago, ckogel said:

You are suffering from the "NOT ENOUGH TACKLE VIRUS".  Little subliminal voices from fishing videos on Youtube are telling you need this brand artificial bait, rigs, rods, reels etc. "Resistance Is Futile" quit your job and Bruise the credit card until they come and take you away.

I am.  Thanks and well put

On 4/7/2020 at 8:26 AM, sams said:

Do you have a pic of one of these rigs?  Am i correct that you are cutting the tail off your soft plastic and adding a spinner blade in its' place?  Is mono connected at one end and the speed clip and then run through the bait before adding the spinner blade at the tail end?  I don't really ever fish for bass, but, this has me very interested in this rig.  Might be a killer on the big heavily fished bass in a very small pond near my office.

sam 

Sounds like a DIY Dartspin, complete with a plastic mix that melts everything else it touches.  @scoobydoo any chance you could show it off in your next vid?

On 4/7/2020 at 7:27 PM, ckogel said:

The more you spend looking at stuff the more you buy. I sold off a bunch of gear at the beginning of the season, because, I either didn’t use it ot didn’t need it, and the remainder was all I needed for a good season.

Then after being home a week due to stupid Coronavirus, I bought a few things, then I didn’t have enough. I’m trying to figure out how the heck Coronavirus wrecked the economy when I’m buying more than I bought last year. It’s not just me.

Before buying anything, maybe we should ask “what would I buy if I couldn’t shop online.”