squatchbobo

tsunami Salt x 6000

Rate this topic

29 posts in this topic

Its been close to a year since the salt x came out and people were saying time will tell if its good. So is the reel proven to last up a long time with going out about 15 times a month, washed after every trip, being dunked uncommonly, and not reeled underwater. 

I mean it came out late in the season, then winter, now quarantine, so 'proven' may be a loose team for it. However reports are fair, I 'think' scooby had water intrusion in his? I've heard if badly set o rings causing leaks but it's an easy fix. 

I've been using mine since the end of last season.  It's been great for me so far.  No issues at all.  I have not taken it apart yet though.  It has been dunked a number of times and it still spins like it was new...

Mine got dunked plenty last season. (I use my rod as a wading staff). The reel still feels like new, no noticeable binding and the drag is smooth.

I don't trust it like a VS, no skishing and no underwater reeling if I can help it with the salt x but still I'm impressed.

Both of my SaltX reels have been excellent for me.
-I fished mine in every condition imaginable.

- I had them both taken upart to inspect over the winter and they were both good.  For your intended use it would be perfect. I’ve had many reels over the years and IMHO it’s the next best option after a VS.   good luck 

18 hours ago, squatchbobo said:

okay thanks for the replies everyone I just ordered the reel.

You'll enjoy it! They are an amazing reel for the price!

I've heard good things about the 6000. I'm in the same boat as you and looking to upgrade from my SSV 4500 to the SaltX6000. Hoping to find one in Black.

11 hours ago, Turkeybacn said:

I've heard good things about the 6000. I'm in the same boat as you and looking to upgrade from my SSV 4500 to the SaltX6000. Hoping to find one in Black.

The black version is in stores now but in limited supply. Check your local Tsunami retailer!

11 hours ago, Turkeybacn said:

Same I have a SSVI 5500 and am definitely looking into a SALTX6000, I really just don’t want have to have any problems with it in the future or soon after purchasing. 

1 hour ago, tfucini said:

The black version is in stores now but in limited supply. Check your local Tsunami retailer!

Sadly all stores around me (south shore ma) are closed due to Covid 19. I've looked at a few online retailers and can't seem to find one in black. I'd love to get my hands on one to feel it before I buy. It's looking like the fish will be here before the stores reopen so I might bite the bullet and order one If I find one in black. The silver looks great but the black is sexy looking.

Love the reel— only using it for a few months  now but like everyone else said it’s seen some heavy use so far and I almost think it

feels better now than out of the box. Wash it down regularly but haven’t opened it up. One weird issue I’ve had is the clicker spring has come off twice. Not sure if that was from washing it off too hard or what but have been using less pressure but I put a lil

dab of grease on there seems to be holding better. Time will tell but it’s been a great upgrade for me. Also highly recommend doing the bail-less conversion. Good luck! 

7 hours ago, RyanJ_88 said:

Love the reel— only using it for a few months  now but like everyone else said it’s seen some heavy use so far and I almost think it

feels better now than out of the box. Wash it down regularly but haven’t opened it up. One weird issue I’ve had is the clicker spring has come off twice. Not sure if that was from washing it off too hard or what but have been using less pressure but I put a lil

dab of grease on there seems to be holding better. Time will tell but it’s been a great upgrade for me. Also highly recommend doing the bail-less conversion. Good luck! 

Does the bailess kit come with the reel? Or sold separately?