willcodfish

1st choice plug for..

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

whats everyones 1st plug they'll throw once our beloved striped prizes show up...please lets not load this post with b.s. virus chatter...keep it a positive one..im looking forward to there arrival something to look forward to..i go with my trusty s.p. minnow #1 sand eel color or #2 blurple. both work wonders in the river by me. what sayeth yee

Posted (edited) · Report post

1/2 to 3/4 oz Kastmaster or 1 oz white crippled herring. For me more often the early stripers will only hit the Kastmasters, possibly because I have so much confidence in them that that's all I throw at the schoolies at times.

Edited by zeke04
bad grammer

I start with a Salty’s stubby needle for a search bait. Then switch to either a Hurley sand eel or Zoom fluke once I find them. The single hook lure is better for the fish and my hands. 

The Stillwater Smack-it (it's the feather tail).

And custom made Magic Swimmers for the canal.

DSCF5779.JPG

switch 002.jpg

thanks all for the replys ..gonna have to try one of those jumpin minnows ..seem alot of replys with those in bone..appreciate and tight lines and most importantly good health to all

My first migratory fish usually come on a 5" or 6" swimbait rigged on a 3/4oz jighead or on one of the smaller mag darters.

Unfortunately I'll most likely not make it back to the cape until mid summer/ early fall so I'll probably be throwing eels or a black 7" redfin in the boulders.

Small plastics, kitechs or similar baits, 5" red fins usually my first go-tos in the spring. However got my first 2 fish tonight  on an SP 

19 hours ago, sandbars said:

Kastmaster or small bucktail 

Never had much luck plugging with these two, whats the secret...…………...