April 2020

Rate this topic

ASrod

Went out in hopes for catfish today and got the skunk. Never targeted them other than fooling around so it’ll be interesting to see if I can get some for the table.

What’s everyone else been up to?

If you can dream it, I can meme it.

7 hours ago, ASrod said:

Went out in hopes for catfish today and got the skunk. Never targeted them other than fooling around so it’ll be interesting to see if I can get some for the table.

What’s everyone else been up to?

Best way to find them is to fish for stripers.  Lol

Seriously if you want to get on big cats use a live bait white perch, gills etc.  The big ones are apex predators and will crush a 6" bluegill 

Edited by Captain Ahab

I fish fine

look stupid 

7 hours ago, Captain Ahab said:

Best way to find them is to fish for stripers.  Lol

Seriously if you want to get on big cats use a live bait white perch, gills etc.  The big ones are apex predators and will crush a 6" bluegill 

I’ll give it a try. I know where people are getting decent cats within a 5 minute walk from me so I’ll try there sometime either today or tomorrow.

Depending on depth and your level of activity you can use a big float or fish finder rig.

Hook the 'gill through the back and use a water bottle (with a wrap of tape to secure) or large foam float.  Try at dusk.  If a big cat come calling the bait will start going crazy to get away which is pretty exciting 

Otherwise a ff rig does the job and casts much better

I fish fine

look stupid 

• 2 weeks later...
6 mins ago, danta said:

what are the perch hitting?

I’ve had constant supply of perch on grass shrimp and small spinners this past week around Solomon’s.

Edited by ASrod