TBYRD

Whatcha been cookin'?

Rate this topic

370 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

PIZZA FISH!

Sautee (in olive oil) basil from our garden, some fresh garlic and a couple of bluefish fillets from yesterday. Cover with cheese (we used mozzarella but cheddar works well too) and broil for another 2 minutes and voila!  

062720pizzafish.JPG

Edited by jason colby

On 6/17/2020 at 5:22 PM, bob_G said:

Joe,

True buffalo mozzarella is pretty much only available in Italy. It actually comes from a buffalo and has a shelf life of about 5 days.  Sandy bought a real good mozzarella and it was fine.

The tomatoes we used were crushed Contadina. 

Again its the dough we need to work on.

Bob, 

Are you doing the cold ferment in the fridge for 2-4 days before cooking? I like to make the dough, let it sit a bit and get bubbly, cut into individually weighed balls in glass covered containers rubbed with paper towel and olive oil then let them sit 3-4 days. When I take them out I let them come to room temp, 2-3 hrs, before cooking. 

14 hours ago, East Tide said:

Bob, 

Are you doing the cold ferment in the fridge for 2-4 days before cooking? I like to make the dough, let it sit a bit and get bubbly, cut into individually weighed balls in glass covered containers rubbed with paper towel and olive oil then let them sit 3-4 days. When I take them out I let them come to room temp, 2-3 hrs, before cooking. 

Yes, doing exactly as you described.    Let it sit a couple days, get bubbly with that slight fermented, yeasty sour dough taste.

But our other problem was, I bought the wrong OO flour.  It wasn't a specific pizza flour.  But rather a OO bread flour, so it was high gluten, and almost impossible to stretch into a round pizza.   

So when we switched over to real OO pizza flour from Italy, we noticed the improvement immediately.   The only problem now is, my pizza making skills are lacking.   Regardless of how easy it looks when you see an 18 year old kid make a perfectly round pizza skin, trust me, it ain't that easy.  Mine look oblong, and I often tear them in the middle.    But it's a learning process with a steep learning curve, and I'm working on flattening the curve as they say.  :laugh:

27 mins ago, CrappieAttitude said:

Have been trying my hand at homemade pizza in cast iron pan - turned out pretty good!

62986F16-EF08-475B-B2FA-EA633DB6647C.jpeg

E62ECA32-AEE3-482F-990C-56F8AA738B90.jpeg

Looks good.  Cast iron pan pizza can be great pizza.