Whatcha been cookin'?

Rate this topic

TBYRD

Also, my "spousal unit" makes for me this stuff that is (about) 15 habanero peppers, two tablespoons butter, some cumin and salt all sautéed together and then put through a blender. This is my "Hot Sauce" and it goes great on just about anything, lasts about two weeks,,,,

hotstuff.JPG

Whipping another batch of stuffed cabbage tonight.

That's the good news....the bad news is the refrigerator's on the blink.

Top half is warm and the freezer is fine.   On hold right now with Amana for pricing and availability of a defrost thermostat.   

"For our discussion of kayak angling is no trifling matter but is the way to conduct our lives, nobody untrained in fishing may enter my house."- Fly's Plato

On 4/27/2020 at 11:43 AM, Northshore Bob said:

Braised beef shanks with red wine and mushrooms served with basil mashed potatoes.  

IMG_0516.jpg

IMG_0520.jpg

Those looked so good I was still thinking about them Sunday when I saw beef shanks at the local farm on Sunday.  Thanks for the inspiration, they were delicious.

sam

59 mins ago, sams said:

Those looked so good I was still thinking about them Sunday when I saw beef shanks at the local farm on Sunday.  Thanks for the inspiration, they were delicious.

sam

Ha ha awesome Sam.  Twenty or so years ago I saw Emeril Lagasse make the braised beef shanks with wine and mushrooms dish on his TV show  ... he was my inspiration and I follow his recipe.