TimS

Can you actually purchase Hydroxychloroquine?

Rate this topic

119 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, MakoMike said:

If you have a prescription you should be able to it at almost any drug store. Its not a new drug, people with lupus take it every day. (which is why no one with lupus has gotten the virus yet)

What's your source for that claim?

3 hours ago, fishweewee said:

And here's good news about Remdesivir.  Gilead is asking FDA to take back orphan designation for the experimental drug.

Faster to market.

https://www.gilead.com/news-and-press/company-statements/gilead-sciences-statement-on-request-to-rescind-remdesivir-orphan-drug-designation

Gilead Sciences Statement on Request to Rescind Remdesivir Orphan Drug Designation

Gilead has submitted a request to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to rescind the orphan drug designation it was granted for the investigational antiviral remdesivir for the treatment of COVID-19 and is waiving all benefits that accompany the designation. Gilead is confident that it can maintain an expedited timeline in seeking regulatory review of remdesivir, without the orphan drug designation. Recent engagement with regulatory agencies has demonstrated that submissions and review relating to remdesivir for the treatment of COVID-19 are being expedited. 

In early March, Gilead sought and was subsequently granted an orphan drug designation for the remdesivir as a potential treatment for COVID-19. Orphan drug designation is granted by the FDA in situations where the disease affects fewer than 200,000 patients in the United States.

Among the benefits of orphan drug designation, this status results in a waiver of the requirement to provide a pediatric study plan prior to the submission of a New Drug Application – a process that can to take up to 210 days to review. 

Gilead recognizes the urgent public health needs posed by the COVID-19 pandemic.  The company is working to advance the development of remdesivir as quickly as possible, and will provide updates as they become available.

Gilead got orphan on that in 2015. Remdesivir and truvada were patented by gilead with mostly us funded research. 

When stationed in Vietnam,1970, I took anti malaria pills for 4 months while in a forward camp.  Then the unit moved to a much bigger rear camp.  Since the whole rear camp was sprayed for mosquitoes no one needed the pills anymore.  Wonder if the pills I took were Hydroxychloroquine.

If big pharma invents a new pill to curer Covid-19 they will make a billion bucks.  If only Chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine is used to curer Covid-19 then Pharma will make only chump change... follow the money... connect the dots... Blah, blah blah...desperate times require desperate measure... or in this case, extremely desperate times require extremely desperate measures... and folks... we are in extremely desperate times... I'm going bat spit crazy!!!... I'm sitting in my easy chair while the whole shad run is passing by.  Rant over.

My cousin was a confirmed case in melrose hospital, he was there for 4 days. Then He was treated with the malaria drug and responded significantly to it. He was released two days after. Unfortunately my aunt and uncle are not out of the woods yet. They are still in separate hospitals and need a miracle. 

3 hours ago, Wigeon said:

Sermo isn’t Facebook.

The results of their survey of doctors currently treating this in 30 countries is was prompted the FDA to ok the usage here.

Since then HHS has stockpiled 31 million doses of it, most of which was donated by Bayer and a couple of other evil Big Pharmas.

Strongly doubt that this transaction would’ve happened based on internet musings.

Haha - OK, so you're going off of a crowdsourcing social media site for medical professionals sending out an informal poll as opposed to a peer reviewed study?

You doubt that this transaction - which amounts to a donation of medicine by a company that already had it in stock - needs something more than the assumption of efficacy to take place?  Why is that?  Would you expect the federal government to turn down free drugs?

This is pretty simple, if you can put the Fox News or OAN down for a minute and use those brain cells.  The rest of the world is fighting this.  Doctors have tried this, and a number of other treatments, in an attempt to solve the problems and identify a feasible and safe treatment.  This stuff isn't Tylenol - and can hurt people.  If Fauci's not a fan, it's because the data he's studied tells him that either it's not effective, or that potential side effects negate the benefits.  It's not because he has a problem with anyone - he could secretly be wishing Trump drops dead from COVID, that's not going to stop him from trying to save American lives, something he has been doing for decades.

1 hour ago, HJS said:

When stationed in Vietnam,1970, I took anti malaria pills for 4 months while in a forward camp.  Then the unit moved to a much bigger rear camp.  Since the whole rear camp was sprayed for mosquitoes no one needed the pills anymore.  Wonder if the pills I took were Hydroxychloroquine.

If big pharma invents a new pill to curer Covid-19 they will make a billion bucks.  If only Chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine is used to curer Covid-19 then Pharma will make only chump change... follow the money... connect the dots... Blah, blah blah...desperate times require desperate measure... or in this case, extremely desperate times require extremely desperate measures... and folks... we are in extremely desperate times... I'm going bat spit crazy!!!... I'm sitting in my easy chair while the whole shad run is passing by.  Rant over.

Every second that this goes on - Big Pharma and everyone else is losing money.  If marshmallows could cure COVID19, Kraft would be ramping up production and nobody else would bat an eye. 

There's absolutely no benefit to anyone in this dragging on, let alone a large pharmaceutical company that has a ton of dependence on manufacturing or supplies coming in from the Asia Pacific region and has exposure to fluctuation in credit markets.

Posted (edited) · Report post

My sister is a ICU nurse in Philly. She tells they have had some success with  Hydroxychloroquine , azithromycin combination therapy but that a significant number of patients show  improvement followed by a relapse/ worsening of the condition.  Her unit is only caring for patients on vents so they are in pretty bad shape. 

Edited by Super Googan

7 hours ago, The Fishing Nerd said:

Haha - OK, so you're going off of a crowdsourcing social media site for medical professionals sending out an informal poll as opposed to a peer reviewed study?

You doubt that this transaction - which amounts to a donation of medicine by a company that already had it in stock - needs something more than the assumption of efficacy to take place?  Why is that?  Would you expect the federal government to turn down free drugs?

This is pretty simple, if you can put the Fox News or OAN down for a minute and use those brain cells.  The rest of the world is fighting this.  Doctors have tried this, and a number of other treatments, in an attempt to solve the problems and identify a feasible and safe treatment.  This stuff isn't Tylenol - and can hurt people.  If Fauci's not a fan, it's because the data he's studied tells him that either it's not effective, or that potential side effects negate the benefits.  It's not because he has a problem with anyone - he could secretly be wishing Trump drops dead from COVID, that's not going to stop him from trying to save American lives, something he has been doing for decades.

Easy killer.

7 hours ago, The Fishing Nerd said:

Doctors are using it all over the world, as well as here...read this thread.

This is a fact, not some FB rumor as you said in your earlier post.

Are all the doctors in Spain quacks?  They're prescribing a lot of it.

It has been working in many cases.

It it a sliver bullet?

No, of course not and no one, including Trump, has said so.

The media created the narrative that he is saying so and TDS afflicted mouth breathers like you lap it up like tittie milk.

Not long ago Saint Fauci said he would prescribe it to his patients and he was also bullish on using it during the SARS outbreak.

Now, as with his apocalyptic models he's flopping all over the place on it, no idea why. 

His fawning fans in the press corps won't dare ask him any hard questions about much of anything.

Now tighten up your foil and stick to your Big Pharma conspiracy theories.

18 hours ago, TimS said:

Rookie question - but if anyone knows a source shoot a brother a PM please...thanks :th: 

TimS

Are you asking for a black market source or a legit script?

23 mins ago, Wigeon said:

Doctors are using it all over the world, as well as here...read this thread.

This is a fact, not some FB rumor as you said in your earlier post.

Are all the doctors in Spain quacks?  They're prescribing a lot of it.

It has been working in many cases.

It it a sliver bullet?

No, of course not and no one, including Trump, has said so.

The media created the narrative that he is saying so and TDS afflicted mouth breathers like you lap it up like tittie milk.

Not long ago Saint Fauci said he would prescribe it to his patients and he was also bullish on using it during the SARS outbreak.

Now, as with his apocalyptic models he's flopping all over the place on it, no idea why. 

His fawning fans in the press corps won't dare ask him any hard questions about much of anything.

Now tighten up your foil and stick to your Big Pharma conspiracy theories.

The point is, without a study with good methods and controls you can't say that.  I didn't see Fauci over the weekend, but in the times I've seen him talk on it, that was the gist I got.  I saw other ancecdotal observations  of 40 or 60 cases where those who got it did as well as those who didn't.  People aren't pointing to those observational studies because they don't make good news.

That said, absent other possible side effect/harm, I'd want it onboard for a family member being treated. And I'm sure Fauci would as well.