Cleaning out the fridge

Rate this topic

More from boredom than anything else I decided to clean out my garage beer fridge. I like to keep it semi-dirty/messy to keep the ol' lady away :) 

Found some vac packed fish. Most likely white perch, lol (true). Also some of the containers she's ben bitchin about going missing over the past year :beatin:

Several mystery things that I'm not gonna research any further. 

Two big bags of wings that have me thinking about getting the deep fryer out today. 

A bag of mini carrots in the freezer... WTF?

But the big prize was the last crock of the fridge pickles we made last summer :th::wee::clap: 

Now I'm going to fill it back up with beer in case we really do get shut down this coming week(s) :scared: 

1 hour ago, Ben Lippen said:

But the big prize was the last crock of the fridge pickles we made last summer

Frozen pickles? I would thing they would be mush, but hey, never tried freezing them, so what do I know?

"You know the Bill of Rights is serving its purpose when it protects things you wish it didn't."

"You can no longer be oppressed if you are not afraid anymore - Unknown"

SOL Member #174

3 hours ago, Steve in Mass said:

Frozen pickles? I would thing they would be mush, but hey, never tried freezing them, so what do I know?

No smartypants. They were behind lotsa old beer in the fridge section. I feared they mighta got froze anyway, but the vinegar saved me.

They are way too potent for Nan now, lol. She liked them best after a few weeks. I love them, and am saving them ( as best I can ) for serving with burgers... If I can ever buy ground beef again.

However, gas in Jersey is gonna break under $2.00 a gallon.

So we got that going for us... :laugh:

Edited by Ben Lippen

In my experience pickles have been far and the best things I’ve found hiding in the back of the refrigerator. 

"I have ... put a lump of ice into an equal quantity of water ...  if a little sea salt be added to the water we shall produce a fluid sensibly colder than the ice was in the beginning, which has appeared a curious and puzzling thing to those unacquainted with the general fact."- Joseph Black

I clean my house fridge regularly so it's not an issue. However I went threw my freezer chest and made inventory before the chit hit the fan. I was happy with the results, I vacuum pack everything . Thanks.

There is a difference between interest and commitment. When you are interested in something you do it only when it is convenient. When you are committed to something you accept no excuses and produce only results. Author unknown.

1 hour ago, Ben Lippen said:

No smartypants. They were behind lotsa old beer in the fridge section.

Sorry, misunderstood. Most of the stuff you spoke of must have been in the freezer, so I guess that is why I thought you meant the pickles too. :o

"You know the Bill of Rights is serving its purpose when it protects things you wish it didn't."

SOL Member #174

3 hours ago, Ben Lippen said:

However, gas in Jersey is gonna break under $2.00 a gallon.

So we got that going for us... :laugh:

gas @ costco here in bayonne has dropped to $1.93 a gallon for regular :eek:

I live to fish. Not fish to live. 

I fish because things in my head tell me to.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, ted527 said:

$1.89 at Costco in Mt Laurel today, and plenty of ground meat.

Only problem is Costco carries 88/12 ground meat.:why:

Wow, you guys are still paying that much? I get gas routinely now at $1.53, and at BJ's have seen as low as $1.35.

Usually Mass and NJ are pretty on par with each other, NJ being lower at times (from my experience fishing down there over the years.)

SOL Member #174

18 hours ago, ted527 said:

$1.89 at Costco in Mt Laurel today, and plenty of ground meat.

Only problem is Costco carries 88/12 ground meat.:why:

Most of the time there is nothing wrong with a little extra fat in my book.  I typically use ground beef for burgers which doesn't suffer from a little extra juice.