What is Open to Fishing

Rate this topic

Cheeckakoe

Not asking for spot burning but getting mixed messages on what is open I visit Earth Cam Live and go to NJ and other states This phot was from an NJ beach it shows barriers to restrict access only to the beach and this morning LIVE there were Fisherman and others on the beach. Was told many if not all towns along the Bayshore have closed the fishing areas. 

beach.webp

Rain.jpg

1586096123550_11.jpg

Edited by Cheeckakoe

Your going to get a lot of mixed messages. Also the fact some have closed, others have not, at least not yet. I don’t think it’s really spot burning if you inquire of a township. Then maybe someone from said town can confirm for you.

I live in South Jersey, and my buddy told me yesterday beaches in Ship Bottom were shut down. 

Really I don’t know why any beaches should be closed. It’s not like it’s summer out, and beaches are packed. No. You’ve got a few people here or there walking along, and maybe some guys fishing. If it was summer, they defiantly should be closed during this outbreak.

“I enjoy talking to you. Your mind appeals to me. It resembles my own mind except that you happen to be insane.”

Haven't wet a line yet this year and I'm itching to get out !!

As a 100% nocturnal fisherman I'm completely confused on the rules

Am I allowed to go tonight or do I have no choice but to stay home ?

Anyone have any issues with driving late night ?

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Social Distancing since 1962

15 mins ago, Sudsy said:

Not sure either, fished last night and drove home around 10pm, no issues, actually passed a couple police cruisers.

Northern MC

"Starving dogs begging for scraps. The big picture is not important as long as we can get our scraps."

I haven't been out at night, but went cruising town to town along the bayshore yesterday afternoon and there were people everywhere outside. Full parking lots at the usual spots. People fishing in packs. 

I'd say if you're going at night and going solo, the worst thing that'll happen is they'll tell you to leave. That won't likely happen unless there is something to draw their attention - big groups, bonfires, etc.

They shut the board walks due to the crowds if the beaches show signs they will shut them down also and block the parking .it will be a miracle  if they don’t shut the beeches down and next will be limited access to the ocean front roads.

Edited by Surf bomber

Just heard Keyport Waterfront is now shut down because of a large gathering. Thanks, *** *****. Also heard fisherman parking lot in Union Beach is Blocked off Closed. That may leave that one spot open to launch Yaks till that gets attention.  When I kayaked there were many places to sneak in a Yak many hidden. wonder how many are hidden now. 

22 hours ago, Sudsy said:

none.

20 hours ago, SeaZen 21 said:

I haven't been out at night, but went cruising town to town along the bayshore yesterday afternoon and there were people everywhere outside. Full parking lots at the usual spots. People fishing in packs. 

I'd say if you're going at night and going solo, the worst thing that'll happen is they'll tell you to leave. That won't likely happen unless there is something to draw their attention - big groups, bonfires, etc.

keyport was shut down completly. If people keep convening in large numbers at night along the beaches I'd expect it all to be restricted.

It’s kinda crazy how different each town or region is reacting to this situation. I spoke with my brother yesterday who lives down in the Cherry Hill area. I’m in Monmouth county. 

He said they’ve shut down pretty much all public places...tennis courts nets are removed and gates chains closed, parks all closed, etc. Even their grocery stores are limiting volume. They keep people spaced apart in lines waiting to enter and limit the number of people in the store at any given time. Our stores are still like a free-for-all, at least those around me. 

Hopefully all these measures work, and we all do our part, so that we can get back to normal life sooner than later. 

# stores by me on RT 9 Wegmans - Shop Rite - Whole foods are Combat shopping and always have been. There is one that gets it fair share closer to me but now has quieted down to were 6-8 senior shopping I was the only one there at 7:30 but remains light all Day. Missing the usual items but all I need.