boscoebrea

surprise

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

I went fishing to one of  my  old places,I could again ,the land was sold and the buyers do not care if you fish,Yes! Anyhow nothing biting,so I made up some leaders with circle hooks,I threw that in,after a while I reeled it back in,thought I got snagged,I could feel my line going out, got my a fish,it is big fish,taking out my line,cranked the drag as hard as I could,got 50lb. test on it,still taking my line out....I was fishing for Stripers,this ain't no striper,I got a big Sturgeon...I had my rod in the power mode,nothing was stopping the"run",it was such fun....for a while,then nothing,lost it,my heart sank,reeled my line in and saw what happened,where I had tied my line to the leader had pulled out.....My fault!!   I couldn't get enough twists in the loop when I tied my line,,,lesson learned,FACT was I had forgotten all about Sturgeons...now it is my mission to catch that guy....I know I can because this place has a "trail" where the fish go through...and this sturgeon  Has been left alone for a long time....

As far as the places I go Striper fishing,they are all dead...usually around Easter they get a whole lot better.

3 mins ago, boscoebrea said:

I went fishing to one of  my  old places,I could again ,the land was sold and the buyers do not care if you fish,Yes! Anyhow nothing biting,so I made up some leaders with circle hooks,I threw that in,after a while I reeled it back in,thought I got snagged,I could feel my line going out, got my a fish,it is big fish,taking out my line,cranked the drag as hard as I could,got 50lb. test on it,still taking my line out....I was fishing for Stripers,this ain't no striper,I got a big Sturgeon...I had my rod in the power mode,nothing was stopping the"run",it was such fun....for a while,then nothing,lost it,my heart sank,reeled my line in and saw what happened,where I had tied my line to the leader had pulled out.....My fault!!   I couldn't get enough twists in the loop when I tied my line,,,lesson learned,FACT was I had forgotten all about Sturgeons...now it is my mission to catch that guy....I know I can because this place has a "trail" where the fish go through...and this sturgeon  Has been left alone for a long time....

As far as the places I go Striper fishing,they are all dead...usually around Easter they get a whole lot better.

Bat ray

4 hours ago, boscoebrea said:

I had my rod in the power mode,nothing was stopping the"run",it was such fun

You had me on the edge of my seat! Well, at least that part was worth it, you got to test out your drag (and your knots).

4 hours ago, telecronista said:

Bat ray

Hey common now, don't be a debbie downer, it was a 9 foot sturgeon :)

2 hours ago, BigNevadaBob said:

Dang. I must be fishing with the wrong gear, how does one put a rod into power mode???

Don't be so modest. Word on the street is that you invented power mode.

38 mins ago, BRossi said:

Don't be so modest. Word on the street is that you invented power mode.

Well since you brought it up, I’m am a gift from the fishing gods! Super one off handmade artisanal custom tailored bespoke made rodz and plugz!

Sneak peak of power mode v2.0

308C45F7-9CDB-407E-A9BA-EFEB577CFBBB.jpeg.c749482f03a618f0c4dd0e20d156fed8.jpeg

I rip off 3 sets of perch lips the other day before I realized mine was in ludicrous mode.

Hunting To hook a big fish and never see it. That chit will follow you for years.

What if I did this? Did that? At least you got a ride 

13 hours ago, BigNevadaBob said:

Well since you brought it up, I’m am a gift from the fishing gods! Super one off handmade artisanal custom tailored bespoke made rodz and plugz!

What’s the wait time for these?

13 hours ago, BigNevadaBob said:

If you don't tape that to your right now rod I'm soooooo stealing that idea.

2 hours ago, boscoebrea said:

Power mode,you lift your Rod up to the gods and pray it doesn't break!:p

Haha. I hope you're able to land whatever that was one day. For me the not knowing or at least seeing what it was is worse than loosing it.