ASrod

Bomber Long A Jointed Magnum 17A

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

Do they come stock with VMC’s or will I need to upgrade the hardware? Someone told me that they come with 4X VMC’s but I’ve heard otherwise.

I'm not trying to be contrary to Ahab.....and I was also curious....and offer only what I've found online
  ~ The Bomber lure site, in describing the fittings uses the term "Saltwater Grade" and "4/0" , nowhere using "4x"

~ looking at what pictures of the packaging I could find, similar terminology was used, nowhere stating VMC

my thought was... What a major marketing error to use VMC hooks and not say so, 

I don't know what they're using now, but some that I have had awhile came with what looks to be Mustad hooks. These lures companies do make changes from time to time. Smaller Bombers look to have VMC hooks on them. 

29 mins ago, pakalolo said:

Great lure with one design defect  , fish of a lifetime did this, still haunts me 20 years later

2C65EF12-46B0-45F3-A1FD-D2C1793B4EDB.jpeg

Bummer

Did you see the fish?

We all have that haunt

nice job ASrod...

so... the complete answer to your original question ...... 

11 hours ago, ASrod said:

Do they come stock with VMC’s or will I need to upgrade the hardware?

is,,,, "Depends on what edition you find, the older edition, or the New edition "

thanks for the answer   !!

Just now, Shhh....Now said:

nice job ASrod...

so... the complete answer to your original question ...... 

is,,,, "Depends on what edition you find, the older edition, or the New edition "

thanks for the answer   !!

I have no idea which edition it is. I’m assuming it’s old stock since chicken scratch is discontinued and that’s what I ordered....

1 hour ago, ASrod said:

I have no idea which edition it is. I’m assuming it’s old stock since chicken scratch is discontinued and that’s what I ordered....

I shop for Bomber lures at the Pradco site, they also do Hedon and Rebel, and didn’t notice if they use Vmc in the description.

Chicken scratch is still listed as a color for the jointed magnum saltwater long A, but there are only two or three colors left. Even with their swim mullet or rebel jumpin minnow, and one spooks they ran out on some colors. But it’s the same whether it’s TD, Amzn, fhq, swedge, discount tckl, or others. Stuff is gone and not being restocked. My guess is that China’s not producing lures due to coronavirus. And maybe no restocks by retailers because of the economy.

On 4/4/2020 at 5:54 AM, pakalolo said:

Great lure with one design defect  , fish of a lifetime did this, still haunts me 20 years later

2C65EF12-46B0-45F3-A1FD-D2C1793B4EDB.jpeg

one piece is better than 2 piece any day

7 hours ago, sandworm said:

one piece is better than 2 piece any day

The jointed version of most any plug will swim differently and at a shallower level than the straight counterpart in my opinion. No doubt that an open link design is introducing a potential failure point into the equation but I have found that exact model to produce many times when the straight version did not.

54 mins ago, SC said:

The jointed version of most any plug will swim differently and at a shallower level than the straight counterpart in my opinion. No doubt that an open link design is introducing a potential failure point into the equation but I have found that exact model to produce many times when the straight version did not.

One of my best producers ever