Every state for themselves, RI snitched out MA golfers

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, ne_dan said:

So McDonald's employees called the cops to snitch on the golfers, while the whole time serving food to people who get off Rte 95 from God knows where.  

Then the police chief busting out this line, "Not too far away you have health care workers that are falling ill and dying trying to keep the rest of us alive and here you have people taking advantage of the system just to beat it and play golf,"  If it's that big of a problem maybe you shouldn't allow the golf course to stay open.  

RI is one messed up state. Little State Big Problems should be their state slogan. They were one of the last states around to do any stay at home orders then they start blaming everything on out of staters. Half of their people work in MA and are traveling out of state every day. With this stupid out of state golfer issue, just close the damn golf courses. They act like no RI people have Covid. WTF!

6 mins ago, sandbars said:

Can’t remember the names but use to be some really good restaurants in that area. Wonder if the old ymca is still open had that Wooden track above the court. Must be about 35 years since I’ve been there now.

Are you talking about the Y in Providence right next to 95.  It's a homeless shelter now. 

I remember long ago Jim Powers ( :wave:Jim, if you are reading this) told me as were standing next to each other jigging the canal that ever time he ever went to RI, he had something go wrong. He said it got to the point he avoids it at all costs, and even dislikes FLYING over it....

:laugh:

Though I have to kinda agree with him, from my observations, RI folks are just WEIRD.....(I would say maybe not Dinghy cause I know is is really from Ct, but he is also weird, although ii a kind of lovable way.... ;):p)

)

Edited by Steve in Mass

"You know the Bill of Rights is serving its purpose when it protects things you wish it didn't."

"You can no longer be oppressed if you are not afraid anymore - Unknown"

SOL Member #174

22 hours ago, z-man said:

RI is one messed up state. Little State Big Problems should be their state slogan. They were one of the last states around to do any stay at home orders then they start blaming everything on out of staters. Half of their people work in MA and are traveling out of state every day. With this stupid out of state golfer issue, just close the damn golf courses. They act like no RI people have Covid. WTF!

And the other half work in CT, for electric boat and Pfizer in New London. But it is one offed up system, I can't even go work on my boat, according to Czarina Gina.

====Mako Mike====
Makomania Sportfishing
Pt. Judith, RI

1 hour ago, MakoMike said:

And the other half work in CT, for electric boat and Pfizer in New London. But it is one offed up system, I can't even go work on my boat, according to Czarina Gina.

There’s a ton of RI people that are still working construction in MA. Many of them (laborers, framers, drywallers) ride together in a full car or van. No social distancing there. Then there’s all the Amazon drivers that come up to Milford to pick up their van, drive around MA all day, then back to RI. The state of RI is more concerned about NYers and setting up a weird fish every other day by last name ruling. 

2 hours ago, z-man said:

There’s a ton of RI people that are still working construction in MA. Many of them (laborers, framers, drywallers) ride together in a full car or van. No social distancing there. Then there’s all the Amazon drivers that come up to Milford to pick up their van, drive around MA all day, then back to RI. The state of RI is more concerned about NYers and setting up a weird fish every other day by last name ruling. 

Please tell me your kidding about the every other day last name fishing . 

11 mins ago, z-man said:

It’s true.  A-M on even days. N-Z on odd days. 

Looked into it more, seems to be just for trout stocked waters doesn't apply to salt or nonstocked waters.  Can't 100% say if thats true or not.

25 mins ago, ne_dan said:

Looked into it more, seems to be just for trout stocked waters doesn't apply to salt or nonstocked waters.  Can't 100% say if thats true or not.

Even for trout this is stupid

it is stupid but if you saw the east bay bike path the last week, youd be ok with cops just shooting people dead, nevermind alternating fishing days. 

i ride by it on my way to my local spots...literally thousands of people. 

(all that said, to be fair, there is limited trout fishing in RI)