beerdoh

Mass Beach Parking to Close

Rate this topic

213 posts in this topic

Thanks. Regarding Scusset, any idea what they mean by the "Canal" lot? The pier or the jetty lot?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 mins ago, bdowning said:

Thanks. Regarding Scusset, any idea what they mean by the "Canal" lot? The pier or the jetty lot?

 

You'd think they could be a little less confusing. The "reservation lot" that's closed should be the pier lot and the "campground lot" probably the beach lot.

 

If I had to guess it's the jetty lot that's open.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 mins ago, Eagles Dare said:

 

You'd think they could be a little less confusing. The "reservation lot" that's closed should be the pier lot and the "campground lot" probably the beach lot.

 

If I had to guess it's the jetty lot that's open.

Confusion is the DCR's middle name. :why:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where can I find the rules for beach access? Can you legally Be on the beach if you found a legal way to access? 

Wonder how many people will just park outside the gate and walk in. 

Tough to understand what you can and can’t do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I saw on NECN this AM, you can be on the beach, it is just the lots that are closed because people were congregating in the lots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

Meanwhile at the press conference with the Patriots plane landing Charlie Baker took a selfie with that Jocelyn lady at the press conference and the background was full of people NOT socially distancing. 

 

Pot meet kettle

Edited by ged

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Waiting for the state to close down the turkey hunting this year , to many turkeys standing less then 6 feet apart. Peace and Prayers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesn't closing lots on the Canal just make the others more congested?

 

And who are these people 'congregating' on the beach lots....isn't it a bit too early for fishing in most of them?  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2020 at 8:00 AM, JimKu said:

Where can I find the rules for beach access? Can you legally Be on the beach if you found a legal way to access? 

Wonder how many people will just park outside the gate and walk in. 

Tough to understand what you can and can’t do. 

From the DCR site today. Note that "solitary" beach fishing is a permitted activity....

 

State Coastal Beach Parking Areas

 

As of Friday, April 3, 2020, state coastal beach parking areas  have temporarily closed. State managed beaches remain open for passive recreational activities that only involve transitory movement (walking, jogging, running, etc.) and for solitary beach fishing. Sitting, sunbathing, and other stationary recreational activities are prohibited on state beaches. Additionally, athletic and recreational activities that bring participants into close, physical contact are prohibited.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bdowning said:

From the DCR site today. Note that "solitary" beach fishing is a permitted activity....

 

State Coastal Beach Parking Areas

 

 

DCR looking kindly on us fisherman. :th:

 

Interesting.  I'm somewhat surprised that this was permitted considering what was prohibited.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Joe G said:

 

DCR looking kindly on us fisherman. :th:

 

Interesting.  I'm somewhat surprised that this was permitted considering what was prohibited.

 

nice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JimKu said:

Next may be parking issues with people parking in places that others may not like. 

They might just start towing.

 

Read a story about a week back some where midwest when they close hiking trail and people just park along side of the road and walked.

 

They tow their cars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.