adoboboy

April 2020 Skunk only report thread

Rate this topic

495 posts in this topic

36 mins ago, cartopper said:

You should let them flop around in the sand a little more, it’s good for them.:read:

admittedly something i need to work on. im right at the waters edge there and both swam away vigorously. not gonna lie i was little excited since it was my first double. also brought him up that high to measure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 mins ago, codyk35 said:

admittedly something i need to work on. im right at the waters edge there and both swam away vigorously. not gonna lie i was little excited since it was my first double. also brought him up that high to measure.

No worries, just get it right next time.  Bustin your chops, but sand compromises their protective coating and gets into their gills.  Imagine sucking sand into your lungs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

You guys are sh*tting all over adoboboy's thread with all these non skunk reports last thing i need is for this to get shut down along with all my fishing spots...then what will I have?

Edited by adams54

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, adams54 said:

You guys are sh*tting all over adoboboy's thread with all these non skunk reports last thing i need is for this to get shut down along with all my fishing spots...then what will I have?

I looked at the water and didn't fish. So I'm good. :skunk:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Out back in lower OC yesterday from 6:45-8.  Wind was making it difficult with my light tackle set up.  Was able to get 3 on a white Fishaholic finback shad.  I caught 2 pretty close to the sod bank.  Saw others catching but all between 12"-20".  One guy lost a nice fish but wasn't able to land it.  The area where I am fishing is pretty unique in that all the bait fishermen are in one general area and all the ones throwing artificials are in another.  Don't know how that started, but we seem to catch way more than them.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Local24 SSP said:

Do deer reports count?.....

 

DODGE—1

DEER—0

 

 

Damn, hope you're alright... 

 

On the bright side you now have a supply of deer hair for bucktails

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 mins ago, DragonsLax48 said:

Damn, hope you're alright... 

 

On the bright side you now have a supply of deer hair for bucktails

Yeah I’m good. Deer ain’t doing so well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My sincere apologies to Adoboboy (does he have a real name?). I know he's initiated the Skunk Only Report thread, but I've been having trouble complying. 

Went down to the beach, out front, MoCo, from 7:45 to 9:30 am. Top of the tide to the outgoing. Pretty brisk NW wind. Fairly flat water, but just enough wave action to make it interesting. Got 2, one at 14" and one at 22". Several other hits. The bigger one hit a ratty old Vision Surf Eel. Smaller one took a teaser. 

Next time out I'll make a better effort to meet Adoboboy's expectations. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

38 mins ago, nam1969 said:

My sincere apologies to Adoboboy (does he have a real name?). I know he's initiated the Skunk Only Report thread, but I've been having trouble complying. 

Went down to the beach, out front, MoCo, from 7:45 to 9:30 am. Top of the tide to the outgoing. Pretty brisk NW wind. Fairly flat water, but just enough wave action to make it interesting. Got 2, one at 14" and one at 22". Several other hits. The bigger one hit a ratty old Vision Surf Eel. Smaller one took a teaser. 

Next time out I'll make a better effort to meet Adoboboy's expectations. 

Thank you for trying to skunk, at least you tried. Congrats on getting into fish! 

Edited by adoboboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, adams54 said:

You guys are sh*tting all over adoboboy's thread with all these non skunk reports last thing i need is for this to get shut down along with all my fishing spots...then what will I have?

Took me a few, but realised that if a regular reports thread includes skunk reports, it should work the same the other way around. Parks and beaches are already being shut down, so nothing we can do at this point.

 

Only @sheisty has been sh%×÷/÷ng on this thread. I hope he runs out of TP. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

15 hours ago, codyk35 said:

So since murphy thinks shutting down IBSP is a better idea than shutting down lakewood, had to make the most of it. 4pm-8pm on the surf, 7 in total all rats except for 1 24. 2 double headers. 6 on worms 1 on a shad. Of course its starting to heat up.

 

"Two nickels make a dime everytime"

 

20200407_172316.jpg

People in Lakewood are getting arrested and charged for having/participating in gatherings. What else do you suggest? Bringing the military in so you can complain about how we are wasting our money?

 

edit: congrats on the double by the way. 

Edited by Phish_Jimmy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.