adoboboy

April 2020 Skunk only report thread

Rate this topic

495 posts in this topic

MoCo Outback last night  6:20 PM to 10:00 PM    Southeast wind  at 10 - 15 rippled the water surface but I can still see some bunker breaking the surface here and there.  It was High tide and the water was still pretty weedy.  Started with the Purple Back SP but was pulling in weeds half the time.    Tried the Black Back Hydro Minnow, a little less weeds but still no dice.  About a hour before sunset I saw a huge flock of Gannets about a half mile out.   They put on quite a show until just after sunset.     I decided to try some Metal Lips so I switched to my heavier setup and started with a small Danny Plug.  After a wile switched over to a Large weighted Parrot colored Danny and then after dark switched to a Black jointed Danny.    Still no luck.   I switched back to the lighter outfit and with the SP Minnow and ended up snagging a Bunker.   It was a really big bunker around 15 inches.   I tried to live line it for a while and continued plugging with the SP Minnow.  Still no luck.    Called it a night .. 

4 hours ago, UncleJohn said:

MoCo Outback last night  6:20 PM to 10:00 PM    Southeast wind  at 10 - 15 rippled the water surface but I can still see some bunker breaking the surface here and there.  It was High tide and the water was still pretty weedy.  Started with the Purple Back SP but was pulling in weeds half the time.    Tried the Black Back Hydro Minnow, a little less weeds but still no dice.  About a hour before sunset I saw a huge flock of Gannets about a half mile out.   They put on quite a show until just after sunset.     I decided to try some Metal Lips so I switched to my heavier setup and started with a small Danny Plug.  After a wile switched over to a Large weighted Parrot colored Danny and then after dark switched to a Black jointed Danny.    Still no luck.   I switched back to the lighter outfit and with the SP Minnow and ended up snagging a Bunker.   It was a really big bunker around 15 inches.   I tried to live line it for a while and continued plugging with the SP Minnow.  Still no luck.    Called it a night .. 

Beautiful skunk report.....Thanks UncleJ

5 hours ago, joefishnj21 said:

Back. Moco. 4 fish to 25#. All released. Fish caugh between 16 and 21 feet of water. Flat. Chilly. 

Resized_20200405_100956.jpeg

Joe wrong thread....we love skunks here...we don't like seeing fish, we just like to imagine catching...

Posted (edited) · Report post

13 mins ago, adoboboy said:

Joe wrong thread....we love skunks here...we don't like seeing fish, we just like to imagine catching...

ok ok. haha...here ya go... i am 3 for 10 year this with 3 sessions of catching...and drumroll....7 skunks. there, thats more like it. 

Edited by joefishnj21

Fished the bay shore this morning moco. Did very well trying something new. Baited up a spreader bar with clams, bloodworms and chunks. Had 7 bass one at 33 inches took the chunk. This is not a clambrella rig. This is the super spreader spring time special. Works great.

6 hours ago, joefishnj21 said:

Back. Moco. 4 fish to 25#. All released. Fish caugh between 16 and 21 feet of water. Flat. Chilly. 

Resized_20200405_100956.jpeg

Certain stripers are just beautifully proportioned. That's clearly one of them. Nice job and thanks for the release. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

14 hours ago, CS said:

Certain stripers are just beautifully proportioned. That's clearly one of them. Nice job and thanks for the release. 

:)

Edited by adoboboy

32 mins ago, Compulsion said:

Out back in the yak,

paddle 14 miles !

9 striped ones all dinks 

with one taping to 22”

all on small white x rap

water temp 55-51

D08C645B-28F8-4F45-B6C9-3D38973C2D9B.jpeg.f9935128d34cea6ac1408d99657641d3.jpeg

So you're saying, it just isn't worth it anymore...Thanks for the semi-skunk report.

11 hours ago, Potato Caboose said:

Ever hear of a CSO sh.. for brains

What's wrong with you brother?! noone is catching okay...the poop pipe is barren, not even algae live there. only crazy peeps fish there, and with that rabid dog barking, no use.

If you want to break that skunk streak, hit the bayshore beaches, #let it soak.  Guaranteed to catch. If my 8yr old can do it, anyone can. Good luck

10 hours ago, adams54 said:

That sucks. Ive got one of those. Dont trust it for the heavy stuff. Got an ugly stick thats damn near indestructible for launching heavy weight or hoisting fish over railings etc.

Well I no longer trust it either lol. Maybe I'll get lucky with their support staff. Technically they don't have to do anything, I ordered it 3/20/19 from TD but it was delayed for a month. If they don't, I'll never buy another tica I guess. I usually only have to use 3-4 oz and it works well for that. There's a reason I usually prefer St Croix rods because I've never broken one. I just hate the 70/30 split.

Been heading out back in lower OC every day from 6pm - 8pm and catching every night.  Nothing to write home about- literally 12”-26”.  All on plastics or a Spro bucktail.  Doesn’t matter what tide, it is always good fishing from 6ish to just after sunset.  Starting to see bigger fish caught in this general spot but I haven’t heard of a keeper caught yet.  I could be wrong.  Oh yea, saw a small bluefish caught today too.  

Can we please stick to SKUNKY Smelly Non-Fish catching reports please....:rolleyes:

I have fished a number of times already and not one fish caught or even a Tap yet....:banghd:....thank you