adoboboy

April 2020 Skunk only report thread

Rate this topic

495 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, fishless said:

I blame Adobo for this trash heap of mixed messages.  

My report, stayed in and away for the sickies wandering the shoreline.  

There is bass far away from the crowds:lock:

Did a drive-by of several towns beach fronts. A lot of closed off areas and boardwalks. There are several access points onto the beaches that the towns have set up, but you gotta find them. All of the boardwalks themselves are closed, with walking paths, parallel, in the streets, marked by cones. No parking, in most towns, on the side of the street by the boardwalks.

The surf is a little dirty. Will take a tide or two to clear it up.

Out back in a creek in lower OC from 6:30-7:30 during outgoing.  Tried Fishaholic, Keitech, Z-Mann, Tsunami popper, Storm shad.  Finally got one on the bucktail.  Was just nice to get out after the crappy wind/weather past few days.

A99F78F8-871F-48C6-8419-8EAAE86C8D81.jpeg

watched the bay transform from chocolate milk to crystal clear within about 5 minutes. I didnt realize it happened just like that. I figured it would have taken a few tides to slowly push out the stain. 

Funny enough the fish only wanted to eat in the dirty water with 6" of visibility. Then they saw the old cheap beaten up plastic i was throwing and started to hit my buddies expensive plugs. plug snobs! :huh:

Out front, MoCo, for an hour, mid afternoon. Outgoing tide. Water clear, with very little white water, although there was some wave action. Nada. Water still quite cold. Lots of small bugs at the waterline. 

So ventured out for the first time this spring to see if I could find anything interested in grabbing the end of my line.  Water was clean and clear with very light surf action.  WNW wind made for easy casting, but did have a bite to it.  That was the only bite happening.  Tossed the plastics and even sent a few bugs out, just nothing happening.  Area I was in was really flat and filled in so only had 2 or 3 spots I thought could hold fish.  Water is still a bit cold for things to open up out front in my view.  West wind going to hang around for awhile so the surf is going to be flat.  Will give it a few days before heading out again.  Might as well show a sunrise skunk pic.

April 16, 2020.JPG