adoboboy

April 2020 Skunk only report thread

Rate this topic

495 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Report as little or as much detail as you would like to provide the reader but please don't post specific street names or areas, (cites, parks, landmarks etc).

A specific spot is too much information!
It's not like telling a friend or two, posting it here is telling thousands. Doing so only creates crowds, garbage, and loss of our spots.

We encourage other conversations, inquires, and rants in this thread.

For example, you can say that you did not catch fish in Ocean County but saying that you skunked at Ocean Beach is a no-no.

The terms to use are..........

Monmouth County
Ocean County
Atlantic County
Cape May County
North Jersey for the Hudson and other backwaters.

County name plus "In the back" for Inlets, Rivers, and Bays. 

Edited by adoboboy

Posted (edited) · Report post

Hit the river today, hoping to catch some fish with stripes, nada. Just stinky water and duck poop everywhere. 

Edited by DaveC

Skunked my last 3 outings. This corona crap is killing me. Cant fish at spots I wanna fish and cant fish much at night with some police enforcing the curfew. I fish alone and hate people near me anytime I fish. So the 6 foot rule is always in effect for me. Good luck and stay safe. No fish is worth this deadly virus.

12 mins ago, Master Debaiter said:

Fished the outgoing tide and avoid the skunk on a loaded redfin

20F14520-F9D2-4B09-8D31-2336E4D5D0C5.png

Wrong thread. This is for the inept. :naughty: Nice fish BTW.

Late ish report....fished everyday since last Thursday, outback CMC.   Skunked on Sunday and this morning but caught schoolies the rest of my trips.  Outgoing to slack seems to be the ticket down here.  Not getting any action on SPs or redfins mainly a soft plastic bite

Fished mo co at high tide I knew conditions were marginal at best,wind,stained water but had to get out .Got skunked but did get to practice my wind casting ...conventional .