Rumor has it...

Rate this topic

bdowning

Gov. Baker of Massachusett has ordered all parking lots for DCR-managed coastal properties, e.g. state parks, off limits to vehicle parking. Presumably the gates will be locked. I believe this is effective as of April 3. I'm sure there will be more details in the press release which isn't on the web site yet.

Doesn't mean you can't use the parks. Just don't expect to be able to park in the DCR lots.

Pfantum Pfishah

3 hours ago, bdowning said:

Gov. Baker of Massachusett has ordered all parking lots for DCR-managed coastal properties, e.g. state parks, off limits to vehicle parking. Presumably the gates will be locked. I believe this is effective as of April 3. I'm sure there will be more details in the press release which isn't on the web site yet.

Doesn't mean you can't use the parks. Just don't expect to be able to park in the DCR lots.

I just watched his daily press conference and he didn’t say they were closing parking.  Basically just said people need to be smart about it. 
Ignore my comment. I missed him saying parking closed. 

Edited by z-man

I just watched it too, and a reporter asked him that very question. And he responded that they were closing parking only. People can still use the parks. Once we get the official release from the state, we'll know for sure. 

Pfantum Pfishah

Falmouth has already released that all beach parking lots will be closed until further notice , because folks are not following the Governors advisory

Life member M.B.B.A #509

Life member Izaak Walton Fishing Association

Life member Cape Cod Canal

11 mins ago, Angler #1 said:

Falmouth has already released that all beach parking lots will be closed until further notice , because folks are not following the Governors advisory

And that was essentially what Baker said re: coastal DCR parks, and he cited the same reasoning. 

BTW, nothing was said about inland DCR parks and properties re: parking. My understanding is this closure does not apply to them...yet. 

Pfantum Pfishah

Just now, zak-striper said:

April will probably be the worse month. I would imagine that we're past peak by late April.

April will probably be a lost, maybe early May as well.

I hope you're right Zak. But I have reservations. State and federal agencies tend to err on the side of caution when public safety is concerned. 

If people are freaking out about just seeing NY plates on their roads, what will they do when they see 400 cars on the canal from NY, Conn, NJ, and RI?

The Sultan of Sluggo

4 mins ago, bob_G said:

I hope you're right Zak. But I have reservations. State and federal agencies tend to err on the side of caution when public safety is concerned. 

If people are freaking out about just seeing NY plates on their roads, what will they do when they see 400 cars on the canal from NY, Conn, NJ, and RI?

Just be smart and safe and let them have it.  Plenty of other places to fish.   Not worth getting CV-19 over (to me anyway)

" I did my worst, but I did it well "

5 mins ago, FizzyFish said:

Just be smart and safe and let them have it.  Plenty of other places to fish.   Not worth getting CV-19 over (to me anyway)

I have a feeling it will be taken out if our hands.  The ACOE will never allow Area51 to happen in the enviroment.

The Sultan of Sluggo