patarpon120

Coronavirus Tying Projects

Rate this topic

146 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Would like to see what everyone is tying with the time stuck at home? Doesn't have to be saltwater only. I'm open to seeing all tying projects you are pumping out from the desk.

Recommend any good youtube videos?

Smallmouth streamer below from this morning.

Roamer.jpg

Edited by patarpon120

I've been tying for smallmouth as well since I'm not sure when I'll make it to Jersey to fish saltwater.  I'll take some pics later if I remember.  I've mostly been tying stuff with rabbit strip tails since I only had a few tied up.  

4 hours ago, PSUFly said:

I've been tying for smallmouth as well since I'm not sure when I'll make it to Jersey to fish saltwater.  I'll take some pics later if I remember.  I've mostly been tying stuff with rabbit strip tails since I only had a few tied up.  

Same here...Beyond bummed that I'll be missing the entire Spring run!!

xp800, those peacock clousers look awesome. i love a little red beard on my trout flies. ill have to try that pattern out. 

havent had a chance to fish yet but stoked for it. been tyin some. how sparse do yall tie your ray's flies? 

IMG_1910.jpeg

1 hour ago, FlukeM said:

CEE69BF2-05DC-4DA4-9326-CC7A43FDA719.jpeg.950f7b8662e5e07a074c5db8c0788dd2.jpeg719FEF77-1BBA-4E08-8240-D782A0CB7D8E.jpeg.529fe7159a0c99cc18a9b9f2bf459354.jpegF1B4EED9-62D0-44A3-950D-A6932A346EF2.jpeg.ab512356fd6753edb751f1955faeaa2d.jpeg

More Airhead stuff in the “Fly Tying” thread

1587FB45-1B6E-451D-AC7F-E02332E6828F.jpeg

Lotta good stuff in this thread, these airheads are no exception. Can’t help but notice that Poor Richards logo either...that place has a very special place in my fly fishing lifetime so thank you for the smile that brought. 

Hmm...Shoe Goo. I have that in-stock. Might have to get into those soon. Working on Jiggy Heads today. Materials for Bob's Banger should arrive tomorrow at some point.

Quarantined, bad thunderstorms, 40+ mph winds, hail, rain, sleet and now snow. Guess I'll be doing alot of tying this weekend!

Pics to follow.

Same up here in Upstate NY just two days now of ridiculous winds preceded by days of rain.  Even if corona-virus wasn't around everything would be too blown out anyways.