Weakfish charters?

Rate this topic

bassturds

2 hours ago, NoFlukenName said:

charters basically shut down.  

And,

I hope to stay that way for a while.

Bad day fishing is still much better than good day work.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a much closer look at the American Indian.
                                                                                     - Henry Ford-

On 4/3/2020 at 9:23 AM, l.i.fish.in.vt said:

CWitek,that is good to hear./grew up on the GSB.in the 60's there weren't many weakfish in the bay,you had to go to the

peconics to get them.the early 70's the GSB came alive with small weakies 1 to 4 lbers.the mouths of creeks that emptied in the bay were alive with them.later in the 70's there was a run of big weakies 8 to 15lber and even bigger on the grass flats off Davis park/barret beach.the pink Salty dog or a hopkins were the lures of choice..at that time iwas digging clams for a living,the weakies love to hang around the guys that were tonging in the shell beds just north ofthe grass flats

It seemed that we had two modest year classes last year, one averaging around 4 pounds and one hovering right around the 16-inch minimum.  If they survived the winter with another year of growth, and have a successful spawn, maybe we'll see some really solid improvement.

"I have always believed that outdoor writers who come out against fish and wildlife conservation are in the wrong business. To me, it makes as much sense golf writers coming out against grass.."  --  Ted Williams