Weakfish charters?

Rate this topic

bassturds

I’m looking to cross off weakfish on my bucket list. Just one big one and done. I know they are rare and cyclical.  Any charter boats or local guys that get on good weaks regularly? Willing to pay. Also willing to travel. Live in Ma. But willing to travel to jersey 

If you are looking for a tiderunner your best bet is south Jersey De. Bay in the fall or Delaware side as the closest place to you.  They still get weakies there but nothing like it was.

Fortescue NJ was known as the wealfish capital of the world up through the 1980s.

I would contact Captain Cook of First Light charters in Delaware.  He does all small boat light tackle stuff and can probably run you out to brandywine light at night in September for some.  Whether you find a real tiderunner amidst the spikes is mostly luck.

I was catching speckled trout in Delaware last fall and weakies in Va beach last spring so who knows lol

I fish fine

look stupid 

Closest to you would probably be Peconic Bay in NY or West Haven in CT, but those are springtime fisheries (May) and I doubt there will be any charters available this year due to the Chinese virus. 

====Mako Mike====
Makomania Sportfishing
Pt. Judith, RI

38 mins ago, z-man said:

Bassturds, have you tried any of the southern cape estuaries in the spring?  Some years there are catchable numbers. It’s on my to do list. Just haven’t had time. Maybe this year I will now that kids sports are canceled. 

That’s what I plan on doing. Checking out some of those. Not sure how good my chances are tho! 

It will be hit and miss at most.

We used to catch lots of weakfish in Raritan Bay and I used to catch big spawning weakfish in Bayridge Flat area in the NY Harbor on my boat.

The best bet is to fish Virginia Beach for weakfish or speckled trout.

And Speckled trout fishing is a big thing in Gulf of Mexico.

20191103_131812.jpg

6 hours ago, bassturds said:

I’m looking to cross off weakfish on my bucket list. Just one big one and done. I know they are rare and cyclical.  Any charter boats or local guys that get on good weaks regularly? Willing to pay. Also willing to travel. Live in Ma. But willing to travel to jersey 

Man, you should have crossed his off your list on a trip to Florida. 

1 hour ago, ksong said:

It will be hit and miss at most.

We used to catch lots of weakfish in Raritan Bay and I used to catch big spawning weakfish in Bayridge Flat area in the NY Harbor on my boat.

The best bet is to fish Virginia Beach for weakfish or speckled trout.

And Speckled trout fishing is a big thing in Gulf of Mexico.

20191103_131812.jpg

That's a beautiful shot!

"For our discussion of kayak angling is no trifling matter but is the way to conduct our lives, nobody untrained in fishing may enter my house."- Fly's Plato