Drew C.

Allergic reaction/contact dermatitis

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

I have a decent amount of the stuff unfortunately. Most of it is unopened so it will likely end up in bst. I will definitely look at the gulff. 

To confirm, I still need to tie but not use the solarez and see what happens. 

Drew,

If you still want to use UV maybe the alternative I found might work better.    Supposedly advertised as non-toxic.   They list the ingredients on the bottle, something Solarez doesn't do.   (Urethane Acrylate, 2-Hydroxyethyl Methacrylate, Photochemical).     It's different than Solarez and much less of a smell so I'm sure the composition is different.   Maybe worth a try for cheap money.

HT

I took a little more time looking at the site that Stonefish sent me - seems to be exactly what my issue is. I ordered some gulff, I will give that a try. I really liked using the uv products but I've tied a long time without them and I'm wondering if I should even bother with them. 

Fwiw, I tied a few last night, no uv stuff, I used pheasant, dubbings, etc. I didn't pay particular attention to not touching my face, etc and no issues at all. I'm still on a whopping dose of pred (for another reason) so that's still having an effect. The 'test' spot I did on myself is still there, just like the others, very slightly itchy.