Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tduffy

Lobster boats in Galilee?

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Hey guys, lobstah boats still selling with all these bans? Was gonna take a ride and help support these guys and buy a few,. Or is it to early still

Edited by Tduffy

1 hour ago, Tduffy said:

Hey guys, lobstah boats still selling with all these bans? Was gonna take a ride and help support these guys and buy a few,. Or is it to early still

Yes they are ...as of a couple of days ago; RI allows dockside sales only for lobster

I went down yesterday and everything was closed up.  However, there were traffic cones to channel traffic, and a sign that said " please stay in your car " , so apparently they had changed over to curbside pickup !  Not sure if they were closed because of selling out, or they were asked to close.

When I went on Friday, one boat had only culls left .  Word must have gotten out that the boats were selling because there was a steady stream of cars pulling in.  

Anybody know what they are charging for 1 1/2 or 2's ?

If you want to message me I can give you the link. Since we can’t post social media links on here. They created a Facebook group that tells everyone when and what times boats will be arriving at to sell. They did that to cut down the lines and people waiting around.  

they were charging $10 a lobster regardless of size last week. The fisherman’s market in New Bedford has really good prices right now on all seafood Incase that’s closer than the Galilee for you.