How About An Upbeat Thread

Rate this topic

squidder 329

On 4/2/2020 at 8:23 AM, joefishnj21 said:

Heres something positive squidder and totally unrelated to fishing. I saw a pic of myself 3 months ago. I looked in the mirror and said.."who is that fat ****?" unfortunately it was indeed me. So one day im at the gym and i see something about a nutritionist being on site u can work with. what the hell i thought. This woman changed my way of life. Started eating more eggs, greek yogurt, salmon, fruit, nuts. less pasta, ice cream, white flour etc etc. Worken out more. Im down 16 lbs today as a result. Lot of hardwork but im proud of it. Feel great. actually much easier to do long trecks in waders. Best decision was to spend 50 bucks to meet with that nutritionist. I knew sorta how to eat right. But those tweeks got me going properlly. Anyway..i suppose thats good news. be well fellas. 

And to those of you who work or whose wives work in the medical field right now- thank you. 

been through that cycle after I quit smoking.  Not sure what your nutritionist recommended but is sounds similar to my food philosophies, for the most part stay with whole natural unprocessed foods.  I try to avoid refined flour, sugar and high fructose corn syrup, the worst products like soda, cookies, snakes, chips and most fast food.  

I've got away from a lot of processed food and with the exception of fried chicken can't even look at fried food. Another weakness are the Wawa sizzler which are 400+ calories that equates to a five mile walk. When I eat convenient food I think about the calories and the food quality and make a conscious  effort to eat fruit instead. Drink soda at most three times of year mostly when eating pizza at a restaurant, water just doesn't make it. 

Had a nice walk yesterday three plus miles when close to the end I heard a osprey when I looked he was in an aerial battle with an immature eagle.  A few crows and and what looked like grackles also joined in dive bombing the eagle till it flew off, pretty cool. Stay safe. 

Just got back from a sunset walk we have a fresh water marsh trail a couple of miles from the house. The trail is called the Meadows, basically a rectangular shape about a mile total. Numerous ducks and two swans on the nest and an osprey stand bonus tonight were two muskrats swimming the marsh. Like you said after watching the news this calms the mind. 

Originally recorded in 1954 I first heard this in a movie I watched under lockdown with my son the other day. Sorta harkens back to a simple era before my time and not the crazy clown world we live in today. I was born in the wrong decade. Anyway hope you guys enjoy this at least half as much as I do.

Edited by adams54

On 4/4/2020 at 7:22 PM, Captain Ahab said:

I saw a great sunset last week.  Made me smile amidst all the scary.

sun.webpsun.web Sunsets are nice Sunrises for a New Day New Start are better Seaside NJ this morning Earth cam hope you can open it. Have to save it then open could not do a Jpeg

Edited by Cheeckakoe

One of the Nurses Mothers made these hats for them in ICU, people want to do something for them everyday Food justs shows up from restaurants and just families pitching in. Mt Daughter says they are Pizzed out. But THey are not complaining like NY  & the larger hospitals. The Biggest complaint is where to put all the Deceased. 

Talk about BS one family member asked my Daughter who was going to take care of there loss and who was going to Serialize their Car.    It goes with the territory. Guess it is the world we live in

The other photo gives you an idea of who she has to deal with 

Hats.jpeg

Toys.jpg

Edited by Cheeckakoe

Good bless your daughter a truly brave person. It must frustrate her beyond belief the ignorance and selfishness of the people she deals with daily. Very hard to get around sacrificing yourself and endangering your family for people who unconscious, indifferent and plain lazy. It is unfair for someone who blindingly  proceeded with life as normal and gets ill taking a bed from someone who tried to do the right thing and got ill.