squidder 329

How About An Upbeat Thread

Rate this topic

27 posts in this topic

I was never a plug fisherman, bait or gulp, oddly enough my attitude is changing to wanting to fish back water with small plugs. Looking forward to learning new techniques and locations and tides. Picked up some Yo Zuri mag darters and hydro minnow and played around casting the other day and I think I'm going to enjoy fishing them. 

Anybody else changing up their game, doesn't have to be fishing.

I was going for upbeat then saw this thread and only one reply in 19 hours and now I'm depressed. 

Depression could be good for you | Daily Mail Online

Yeah I cried myself to sleep last night and I'm  over it. What was nice is how the first post was off topic and there wasn't any personal attacks to follow it up. :th:

Posted (edited) · Report post

Heres something positive squidder and totally unrelated to fishing. I saw a pic of myself 3 months ago. I looked in the mirror and said.."who is that fat ****?" unfortunately it was indeed me. So one day im at the gym and i see something about a nutritionist being on site u can work with. what the hell i thought. This woman changed my way of life. Started eating more eggs, greek yogurt, salmon, fruit, nuts. less pasta, ice cream, white flour etc etc. Worken out more. Im down 16 lbs today as a result. Lot of hardwork but im proud of it. Feel great. actually much easier to do long trecks in waders. Best decision was to spend 50 bucks to meet with that nutritionist. I knew sorta how to eat right. But those tweeks got me going properlly. Anyway..i suppose thats good news. be well fellas. 

And to those of you who work or whose wives work in the medical field right now- thank you. 

Edited by joefishnj21

Joe that is a big deal, the bride and I joined a gym and started January 2 with the body assessment. The bride did well with little body fat and I was just short of obese which was a motivator. I made it to the gym between 3 or 4 times a week and dropped five pounds. We decided to stop mid March with the corona virus but we still walk at least five miles a week. So I get that what you did is a big deal, congratulations. I remember walking wearing waders from the loran park in Wildwood Crest to Cold Springs jetty. I thought I was going to die, heart racing and out of breath.   

thanks man, appreciate it. sounds like you are still stayin active despite the gym shutdows. def key. Got a couple 35lb dubmbells in the basement and an old stationairy bike. will have to for now. haha

58 mins ago, joefishnj21 said:

Heres something positive squidder and totally unrelated to fishing. I saw a pic of myself 3 months ago. I looked in the mirror and said.."who is that fat ****?" unfortunately it was indeed me. So one day im at the gym and i see something about a nutritionist being on site u can work with. what the hell i thought. This woman changed my way of life. Started eating more eggs, greek yogurt, salmon, fruit, nuts. less pasta, ice cream, white flour etc etc. Worken out more. Im down 16 lbs today as a result. Lot of hardwork but im proud of it. Feel great. actually much easier to do long trecks in waders. Best decision was to spend 50 bucks to meet with that nutritionist. I knew sorta how to eat right. But those tweeks got me going properlly. Anyway..i suppose thats good news. be well fellas. 

And to those of you who work or whose wives work in the medical field right now- thank you. 

Great news 16lbs is a lot of dead weight. What I find funny/sad is that people treat their cars better then their own body. You wouldnt put **** motor oil in your car and you want me to eat that! Good health is the most valuable asset we own. When we feel like crap most people would pay whatever they can to get better. Id rather be broke in good health then an unhealthy millionaire. 

As Adam said you can't buy good health and the responsibility to have it is yours.  Fortunately my wife is health oriented and buys organic fruits and vegetables. To her credit she is always trying to find new recipes to keep diner interesting. One thing about the exercise is that it makes you think about what you eat. I've started to look at treats with the view of how much effort it will take to work it off. As a side note we found CBD oil at one of the organic health food stores which really helped me sleep soundly and it helps with aches and pains. 

I am upbeat since I woke up this morning. I took a ride to a local lake and reminisced on the days of fishing there. then took a ride along the Raritan Bayshore where it was hard to stay upbeat but for a few places where the fisherman was actively fishing the local hotspots. and picking away. As I sat in the car my mind turned to My Daughter an ICU - CC Nurse supervisor at a local hospital and what her days comprise of to Stay Upbeat. I am Blessed with life now when so many are not.   Guess I reached a point in life were just soaking in the Memories and Warm Sunshine Looking out on the waters is enough Having a Fishing Rod along just makes for good Company. A day will come when that bench will be empty, I only wish it serves someone else as it did me. 

maureen.jpeg

Grandpa on The Bench.jpg

lake.jpg

Bless your daughter and all the front line people before I retired I would have been one. Just imagine yourself in that position even with the ppe and training it has to be super scary. Conflicted about going home and possible contaminating your loved ones. The term hero has been degraded to someone calling authorities being a media hero. These front liners  are hero's in my opinion as they know the danger and doing it over and over. God bless them and you for instilling those values in your daughter.

28 mins ago, Cheeckakoe said:

I am upbeat since I woke up this morning. I took a ride to a local lake and reminisced on the days of fishing there. then took a ride along the Raritan Bayshore where it was hard to stay upbeat but for a few places where the fisherman was actively fishing the local hotspots. and picking away. As I sat in the car my mind turned to My Daughter an ICU - CC Nurse supervisor at a local hospital and what her days comprise of to Stay Upbeat. I am Blessed with life now when so many are not.   Guess I reached a point in life were just soaking in the Memories and Warm Sunshine Looking out on the waters is enough Having a Fishing Rod along just makes for good Company. A day will come when that bench will be empty, I only wish it serves someone else as it did me. 

maureen.jpeg

Grandpa on The Bench.jpg

lake.jpg

Cheeckakoe your daughter and her colleagues are our new hero’s .People don’t realize what they are going through. My best to you and your family and your daughter’s co workers.

My wife convinced me to wear a mask and gloves the other day when we went to the grocery store. She's in a wheelchair, the necessary result of an operation on her foot 6 weeks ago (she's progressing nicely). As I'm taking the wheelchair out the wheel spins and nails my finger. Strike one. I go to put on the mask and poke my eye with the edge. Strike two. After we finish, I'm putting the wheel chair in the trunk and it catches my hand. No big deal. Finish putting it in and pull off the glove to see blood. Strike three. Apparently the wheelchair helped rip a scab I had from an earlier "incident." I used some tissues to stop the blood, let out a couple of well needed curses and bumped my head on the door of the car as I was getting in. My wife, as usual, shook her head. The coronavirus will never kill me. The protection items, coupled with a wheelchair sent from hell, will! And I thought Nam was bad! BTW, for those guys carrying a few extra pounds, remember that if God wanted you in shape you wouldn't have been born soft! :wave:

A jersey feel good thread with no bashing,tough one, I feel ya cheeckakoe, great post ,my son in law works the local hospital and it's my biggest worry. God bless all of them.