Roccus7

NOT an April Fool, Rejoice Maine, Fishing defined as an Essential Activity!!

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

For those of you worried that the Stay at Home order means no fishing, it has been defined as an Essential Activity so enjoy yourself as long as you practice social distancing.  Here's the exact quote of the pertinent section of the Executive Order:

This from Section B of the Executive Order, allowed Essential Activities include:

• Engaging in outdoor exercise activities, such as fishing, walking, hiking, running or biking, but only in compliance with the gathering restriction in Executive Order 14 FY 19/20 and all applicable social distancing guidance published by the U.S. and Maine Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

Travel to and from your home to Essential Activities IS also allowed.

Entire executive order attached: CORRECTED_An Order Regarding Further Restrictions on Public Contact and Movement, Schools, Vehicle Travel and Retail Business Operations.pdf

Edited by Roccus7

I wonder how far they will take this.  Not to get political here but what does Maine consider a class “e” crime ?  (I think that is what I read)

6 mins ago, DMacLeod said:

I wonder how far they will take this.  Not to get political here but what does Maine consider a class “e” crime ?  (I think that is what I read)

I'm sure you could Google that Class E thing, BUT no worries if you're fishing and practicing safe social distancing, at least right now.   The social distancing thing will be tough in smaller boat fishing unless you're fishing with a household family member so the 6' rule isn't necessary.

Well I for one am so glad that most of us are grouchy hard to deal with bastards.  It makes social distancing an easy adoption for us :)  and a preferred one.......

Thank Sweet Baby Jesus for the provision anyway

Jim

Hallelujah !!

After spending another horrible winter dealing with a hodge podge of expensive and painful medical issues, I finally hear a bit of good news. However, for the times you do have to stay home, here are a few things to think about.

bandicam 2020-04-01 12-38-02-747.jpg

bandicam 2020-04-01 12-36-16-755.jpg

bandicam 2020-04-01 12-32-24-307.jpg

bandicam 2020-04-01 12-40-56-623.jpg

The problem I'm going to have is that they've totally blocked all the beach parking access.   I told my wife she was going to have to drop me off every AM around 4:00 and I'd call when I was finished.   She didn't seem too amenable to that idea.   Actually, I could park at the fire station and walk 1/4 mile in my waders. Speaking of fires, we went to one in York today.   I never saw so many people show up.   Everyone I talked to said they were just happy to get out of the house for a while.  

11 hours ago, Roccus7 said:

For those of you worried that the Stay at Home order means no fishing, it has been defined as an Essential Activity so enjoy yourself as long as you practice social distancing.  Here's the exact quote of the pertinent section of the Executive Order:

This from Section B of the Executive Order, allowed Essential Activities include:

• Engaging in outdoor exercise activities, such as fishing, walking, hiking, running or biking, but only in compliance with the gathering restriction in Executive Order 14 FY 19/20 and all applicable social distancing guidance published by the U.S. and Maine Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

Travel to and from your home to Essential Activities IS also allowed.

Entire executive order attached: CORRECTED_An Order Regarding Further Restrictions on Public Contact and Movement, Schools, Vehicle Travel and Retail Business Operations.pdf

Thanks for posting this. I feel like  the dark clouds maybe lifting. Slowly but surely we will regain some normalcy. FISH ON !!!!,

9 mins ago, MartyK said:

The problem I'm going to have is that they've totally blocked all the beach parking access.   

Knowing the Higgins is closed, I was surprised to see video on WCSH yesterday showing someone surfing there.  

2 hours ago, Crozzbow said:

Hallelujah !!

After spending another horrible winter dealing with a hodge podge of expensive and painful medical issues, I finally hear a bit of good news. However, for the times you do have to stay home, here are a few things to think about.

bandicam 2020-04-01 12-38-02-747.jpg

bandicam 2020-04-01 12-36-16-755.jpg

bandicam 2020-04-01 12-32-24-307.jpg

bandicam 2020-04-01 12-40-56-623.jpg

Lmao, you are feeling better, good..

Posted (edited) · Report post

I may be an optimist but my guess is that law enforcement is not going to be cracking down on solo surf casters despite closures. The idea is limiting the crowds and communal dog walking - I think .... Only one way to find out.

Edited by aland
misspelling

4 hours ago, aland said:

I may be an optimist but my guess is that law enforcement is not going to be cracking down on solo surf casters despite closures. The idea is limiting the crowds and communal dog walking - I think .... Only one way to find out.

You are 100% correct.   The problem will be that some "do gooder   %*&hole" will call (probably 911) and insist that they do something about us.