DMacLeod

Stay at home ORDER

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

Looks like Mills issued a stay at home order starting tomorrow at 12:01 AM.   Up to a $1000 fine or 6 months in jail.   They had to throw the no fishing aspect in there as well.

Posted (edited) · Report post

5 hours ago, DMacLeod said:

Looks like Mills issued a stay at home order starting tomorrow at 12:01 AM.   Up to a $1000 fine or 6 months in jail.   They had to throw the no fishing aspect in there as well.

Sorry, but you're incorrect:

This from Section B of the Executive Order, allowed Essential Activities include:

• Engaging in outdoor exercise activities, such as fishing, walking, hiking, running or biking, but only in compliance with the gathering restriction in Executive Order 14 FY 19/20 and all applicable social distancing guidance published by the U.S. and Maine Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

Travel to and from your home to Essential Activities IS also allowed.

Edited by Roccus7

55 mins ago, Roccus7 said:

Sorry, but you're incorrect:

This from Section B of the Executive Order, allowed Essential Activities include:

• Engaging in outdoor exercise activities, such as fishing, walking, hiking, running or biking, but only in compliance with the gathering restriction in Executive Order 14 FY 19/20 and all applicable social distancing guidance published by the U.S. and Maine Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

Travel to and from your home to Essential Activities IS also allowed.

I just scanned through it when I heard it. Is fishing an essential activity ?

Posted (edited) · Report post

24 mins ago, DMacLeod said:

Quote in my post is from the Executive Order stating that Fishing is an Essential Activity. 

Here is the Executive Order if you'd care to read it for yourself: 

CORRECTED_An Order Regarding Further Restrictions on Public Contact and Movement, Schools, Vehicle Travel and Retail Business Operations.pdf

Edited by Roccus7

Well that is a relief to know, Im assuming golf is also part of recreation for those courses staying open

In Mass, I think the only outdoor activities they are concerned about are ones that don't promote social distancing. For example, groups playing pickup basketball or contact sports. Presumably Maine is going the same way. 

Hunting is also included which means we'll be good for turkey in case this runs into May.

Story on the WGME site about Mainers harassing people with out of state license plates on the highways.

:laugh:

2 hours ago, Wigeon said:

Hunting is also included which means we'll be good for turkey in case this runs into May.

Story on the WGME site about Mainers harassing people with out of state license plates on the highways.

Saw this today, open season on folks from away, but I get it. I was hoping to drive down my dirt road and do some yard cleanup this weekend but if it stresses people out so much they get road rage I might hold off. A couple weeks ago Maine hardly had any, then Cumberland took off, now York is taking off as is Rockingham in NH where I live. All right off I95 so a lot of Boston commuters in that belt. Dirt road is probably mostly mud now anyway, another weekend on the trails out back will be fine I guess...

My company truck has MA plates.

50 mins ago, DMacLeod said:

My company truck has MA plates.

I really didn't want to lol when I read this.

Really.

But I failed.

I really didn't want to lol when I read this.

Really.

But I failed.

:howdy:

No one got froggy on the way home.

I don't care what people do or say unless they are wearing uniforms and have blue lights on their cruisers.

From IFW Email: Fishing, hiking, and other outdoor activities are essential for your physical and mental health and are permitted activities under Governor Mills’ executive order, as long as people continue to follow social distancing guidelines. Read more. 

A1C1FFE8-D9CE-4FD0-ABE0-943C1C63D541.png

On 4/1/2020 at 7:04 AM, DMacLeod said:

Yes  its grocery shopping, except at the super wholesale level

Any updates regarding the NH Seacoast restrictions? Last I saw was a proposal to re-open the state parks and beaches which make up a large amount of fishing area in NH.