Quonnie

Subject: RHODE ISLAND STATE PARKS AND BEACHES CLOSED DUE TO COVID-19 PUBLIC HEALTH EMERGENCY

Rate this topic

28 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, rwilhelm said:

Was planning on hitting WW early this year as something to do, guess that’s out.

This is getting overboard, preventing people from enjoying the outdoors.  

While i think they are going a little over the top, if people would just LISTEN, all these shut downs wouldnt be required.  But 50% of people are not listening and forcing them to take action. 

15 mins ago, Kooky said:

While i think they are going a little over the top, if people would just LISTEN, all these shut downs wouldnt be required.  But 50% of people are not listening and forcing them to take action. 

I hear you the Governor did keep hammering that message home.  

2 hours ago, Kooky said:

Particularly in regards to social distancing and large gatherings. There are plenty who still aren't following the guidelines. Too bad, because it is pretty easy to maintain distance in shore fishing in most RI spots (with the exception of b-way rotations). Some governors are handling this as a strong recommendation, others are taking it a step further. 

20 hours ago, Good2Go said:

You are not playing to the narrative! God help us all. First time in a long time I’m glad I’m in CT!

Some CT towns shut down their beaches more than a week ago.

17 mins ago, MakoMike said:

Some CT towns shut down their beaches more than a week ago.

Even after this happened (in my town particularly) - people just kept on gathering as if they are immune to the rules.  Warnings of $500 summonses being given to offenders but was just talk.

I fully agree, as the weather keeps improving, more and more people are going to ignore the rules and this scenario will continue on even longer

On 4/1/2020 at 8:30 AM, rwilhelm said:

I hear you the Governor did keep hammering that message home.  

Not until after there were covid related deaths.  She wanted to blame communters from Mass, and travelers from NY....then a few state residents succumb to the illness and she is trying to shame the "50% for not listening".  Should have done more from day 1.  

17 hours ago, Marone Pursuit said:

She wanted to blame communters from Mass

That should read “Rhode Islanders commuting in and out of Boston”. I don’t know one person who commutes to RI, but every single day, all day I watch RI plates flying by the house. I stand out there and video them blasting by.  I’m on the Wrentham/Cumberland line. 

Im now definitely concerned about this season (sounds trivial given the circumstances). 

New World Order

2 hours ago, rbart said:

That should read “Rhode Islanders commuting in and out of Boston”. I don’t know one person who commutes to RI, but every single day, all day I watch RI plates flying by the house. I stand out there and video them blasting by.  I’m on the Wrentham/Cumberland line. 

Im now definitely concerned about this season (sounds trivial given the circumstances). 

New World Order

There is a large proportion of healthcare workers who live in MA and work at a hospital in RI, a lot easier to commute from New Bedford/Dartmouth/Fall River to PVD than it is to Boston.  

Agree, it is a strange situation we find ourselves in.  Personal "freedom" takes a backseat to the greater good.  The more people disregard the directive the longer this virus is going to persist.

Losing the spring is one thing, losing the whole season would be a tough pill to swallow.

Edited by Marone Pursuit
typo

40 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

first time ive ever said this, but we gotta be like India and have people getting whacked with sticks. 

I thought this was reserved only for " Spot Burners " …..