Cheeckakoe

Revised nj Trout opening 2020

8 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Gov Murphy during a press conference stated The trout season will open tomorrow April 1 and it will be CATCH AND RELEASE ONLY to get people out and keep a safe distance I can't confirm this 100% yet anyone else hear about this or have confirmed information? NJ DFAG has nothing on their web site yet.

Edited by Cheeckakoe

3 hours ago, Cheeckakoe said:

Gov Murphy during a press conference stated The trout season will open tomorrow April 1 and it will be CATCH AND RELEASE ONLY to get people out and keep a safe distance I can't confirm this 100% yet anyone else hear about this or have confirmed information? NJ DFAG has nothing on their web site yet.

I did a quick google search and this is the only info I can find - it does look like trout season opens tomorrow and is catch and release only. 

I checked the State site and there’s no info there so proceed with caution.  I’d say its probably on tomorrow.

https://www.northjersey.com/story/news/coronavirus/2020/03/31/coronavirus-nj-trout-season-begin-wednesday-amid-crisis/5096582002/

Asbury Park press also confirmed it. Is this a good decision? Opening day of trout season is like the beaches on the 4th of July. Shoulder to shoulder anglers. No such thing as safe distance on opening day.

15 mins ago, Auce said:

Asbury Park press also confirmed it. Is this a good decision? Opening day of trout season is like the beaches on the 4th of July. Shoulder to shoulder anglers. No such thing as safe distance on opening day.

It will be interesting for sure - opening day generally brings out the worst behavior in some people. 

IMHO Darwin is going to be working OT tomorrow.

30 mins ago, NewAtIt said:

It will be interesting for sure - opening day generally brings out the worst behavior in some people. 

IMHO Darwin is going to be working OT tomorrow.

Truck chasers never were a good group. Hopefully, I will go to the local lake and sit in my SUV and take a few photos of the soon to be deceased. 

1 hour ago, Cheeckakoe said:

Truck chasers never were a good group. Hopefully, I will go to the local lake and sit in my SUV and take a few photos of the soon to be deceased. 

Most of the truck chasers won't go! Catch & release!