ADTR14

Conrad Sr build

Rate this topic

52 posts in this topic

I’ve been doing quite a bit of research lately and have been working on some prototypes to help fill some of the niches in my arsenal. I think a Conrad will be useful so that’s next on the list. I couldn’t find a whole lot of build info (maybe I missed something) but just wanted to check to see if I’m headed in the right direction.

Lip - I don’t have any Conrad lips but I’m thinking I’ll try a pikie 4 and bend the edges up

Weight - I assume they take lots of weight to dive so deep and placed mid body?

Wood - sounds like a heavier wood is preferred but I only have AYC right now

Anything I’m missing?

Posted (edited) · Report post

Sr. And Jr. . AYC works fine. I’ve built many. Lip is important. You will have to make it. 

08361DD6-2FDE-4EAB-9864-632BF8CD119B.jpeg

Edited by Steel Pulse

Thanks guys! I’ve got a variety of lips to play with to start, but will be looking at the lip building threads I saw earlier more closely. 

And here’s my start so far:

CD53C1B0-BEB6-497C-9FD7-456C46EB4613.jpeg

3 hours ago, Wire For Fire said:

Dare I say gentlemenly stuff here .. ADTR is a good dude I can vouch for him .. good stuff 

Appreciate that! I’ve been meaning to pm you 

8 hours ago, ADTR14 said:

Thanks guys! I’ve got a variety of lips to play with to start, but will be looking at the lip building threads I saw earlier more closely. 

And here’s my start so far:

CD53C1B0-BEB6-497C-9FD7-456C46EB4613.jpeg

I know your hot to trot on these so here's a start before you spin/drill anymore.

body dia. 1 1/4"

tail dia.  3/4"

lenght 7"1/2

head to first hook 1 3/8"

head to lead 3  5/8"

head to second hook 4 7/16"

lip slot 11/16" up from bottom and 11/16" deep

finished weight 4.05 oz.about..2-4/o mustad trebles...single tail hook.

I have a few Conrad lips, if you want me to send you one to use as a model let me know.  The pictures below are of a Danny 3 top slot on the left, Conrad in the middle, and a Pikie 3 on the right. These were the lips I had on hand that were closest to the Conrad, sorry didn't have any Pikie 4's to compare to the Conrad. Hope this is of some help.  Very nice start btw.

P4010100.JPG.83043c849f55e0d78f4a3ac0ad6f3a61.JPG

4 hours ago, capesams said:

I know your hot to trot on these so here's a start before you spin/drill anymore.

body dia. 1 1/4"

tail dia.  3/4"

lenght 7"1/2

head to first hook 1 3/8"

head to lead 3  5/8"

head to second hook 4 7/16"

lip slot 11/16" up from bottom and 11/16" deep

finished weight 4.05 oz.about..2-4/o mustad trebles...single tail hook.

Yea I’m not exactly patient lol. Thanks so much for the info and the help! I got lucky and most of my specs are pretty close, just need to move the hooks slightly forward to be same. I’ll try this one and see what it does

1 hour ago, TKSurf said:

I have a few Conrad lips, if you want me to send you one to use as a model let me know.  The pictures below are of a Danny 3 top slot on the left, Conrad in the middle, and a Pikie 3 on the right. These were the lips I had on hand that were closest to the Conrad, sorry didn't have any Pikie 4's to compare to the Conrad. Hope this is of some help.  Very nice start btw.

P4010100.JPG.83043c849f55e0d78f4a3ac0ad6f3a61.JPG

Thanks for the offer! I think Capesams has got me taken care of on the lip, but your pics really help for comparisons sake. Definitely gives me a starting point to try on this first one I turned

Is the Conrad lip the same lip that's used on the Cowboy Jrs.? Looks the same to me, but I've never measured it.They're available online somewhere, I bought some a few yeas ago.

it looks close but the slot for the wire is to low and the others to high...lip needs to be   exactly the same dia. as the body...it's why you hand make them as SP said...no store bought for these.