finefish

Catch and Release Canal

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

People are constantly complaining about the poaching, culling, and other blatantly illegal practices that occur daily at the canal. On top of that, poorly handled fish caught by people who think they are a legend for catching a 40lber in a place where bass would bite a hot dog if you threw it out there at times. A significant number of people on this site and in the fishing community want to save the bass, so why has there not been any advocating for a C&R canal? A C&R canal would 1) save thousands of big fish that feed heavily moving in and out of the canal from CCB and BB every year 2) reduce crowds because those looking for meat would fish elsewhere. Most die hard canal guys sound like they are in it for C&R anyways and not the meat, so why aren't people discussing this as an option?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why not just shut it down completely and we could save all those release mortality fish who have been played too long and starred on Instagram, Twitter and facebook. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 min ago, giggyfish said:

Why not just shut it down completely and we could save all those release mortality fish who have been played too long and starred on Instagram, Twitter and facebook. 

Never have fished it and don't have any interest, so go ahead. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The canal should not have special rules. Montauk doesn’t, block island doesn’t, the outercape doesn’t. All places were once Mecca. 

 

The canal is only easy when it is easy. Many here on the MA forum with years of experience know this. 

 

I would advocate for gamefish status. Not at the canal or any other place specifically , but everywhere. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 mins ago, ged said:

The canal should not have special rules. Montauk doesn’t, block island doesn’t, the outercape doesn’t. All places were once Mecca. 

 

The canal is only easy when it is easy. Many here on the MA forum with years of experience know this. 

 

I would advocate for gamefish status. Not at the canal or any other place specifically , but everywhere. 

What is wrong with special rules? Chesapeake has special rules why can't other areas have special rules?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The canal sucks too many slippery rocks and now real slimy people stealing , poaching and being douche bags. Not a genuine fishing experience. Can’t bring a kid fishing there. People are savages. Scumbags. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

4 mins ago, finefish said:

What is wrong with special rules? Chesapeake has special rules why can't other areas have special rules?

Doesn’t “daddy” take you out fishing on his regulator. You drink bud lights and don’t pay for gas right??

 

Troll

Edited by west tide

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 min ago, finefish said:

What is wrong with special rules? Chesapeake has special rules why can't other areas have special rules?

Special rules at the canal won’t save the fish.  Read my post again, I am advocating gamefish status which would protect these fish everywhere. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, west tide said:

Doesn’t “daddy” take you out fishing on his regulator. You drink bud lights and don’t pay for gas right??

Is it “that guy” again? I remember there was someone trolling here last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, west tide said:

Doesn’t “daddy” take you out fishing on his regulator. You drink bud lights and don’t pay for gas right??

Nope paid for the boat rods reels gear and gas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 mins ago, ged said:

Special rules at the canal won’t save the fish.  Read my post again, I am advocating gamefish status which would protect these fish everywhere. 

Yeah but lets be realistic the chances of gamefish status anytime soon is <1%. So why not meet in the middle and try to save whatever you can? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.