Capt Buck

Delaware beaches now open

Rate this topic

32 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

New flash!

Delaware State Park Drive-on beaches to reopen!

In his Eight Modification to the Emergency Order Governor Carney reopened the drive on beaches effective Tuesday March 31 at 8am with the following stipulations: you must have current beach tag on vehicle, no more than two persons in the same vehicle, both persons must be from the same residence, and must be actively engaged in fishing (No other activities permitted), all vehicles must be twenty yards apart and social distancing practices are to be observed.

Edited by Capt Buck

. Effective March 31, 2020 at 8:00 a.m. E.D.T., the restriction on activity on beaches contained in the Third Amended Modification of the State of Emergency I issued on March 21, 2020 at 12:00 p.m. E.D.T. shall not apply to persons using State Park beaches for surf fishing by vehicle, provided that:

i. any vehicle on the beach for the purpose of surf fishing must have a current Delaware surf fishing permit;

ii. any vehicle on the beach for the purpose of surf fishing may not be occupied or accompanied by more than 2 persons, and those persons must be from the same home or place of residence;

iii. every person on the beach for the purpose of surf fishing must be actively fishing, and no other activities shall be allowed by a person occupying or accompanying a vehicle with a surf fishing permit;

iv. vehicles on the beach for this purpose must be at least 20 yards from any other vehicle; v. all other rules and regulations regarding surf fishing shall apply; 

vi. persons on the beach for the purpose of surf fishing must follow the Social Distancing Requirements detailed as part of the State of Emergency; and

vii. should circumstances require it to protect public health and safety, the Secretary of the Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control may rescind surf fishing as allowed under this provision.

This Order has the force and effect of law. Any failure to comply with the provisions contained in a Declaration of a State of Emergency or any modification to a Declaration of the State of Emergency constitutes a criminal offense. 20 Del. C. §§ 3115 (b); 3116 (9); 3122; 3125. State and local law enforcement agencies are authorized to enforce the provisions of any Declaration of a State of Emergency. APPROVED this 30th day of March 2020 at 5:00 p.m.

16 hours ago, Capt Buck said:

New flash!

Delaware State Park Drive-on beaches to reopen!

In his Eight Modification to the Emergency Order Governor Carney reopened the drive on beaches effective Tuesday March 31 at 8am with the following stipulations: you must have current beach tag on vehicle, no more than two persons in the same vehicle, both persons must be from the same residence, and must be actively engaged in fishing (No other activities permitted), all vehicles must be twenty yards apart and social distancing practices are to be observed.

At Last.  Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted (edited) · Report post

9 hours ago, hot tuna said:

You forgot one very important detail : NO OUT OF STATE'RS.......rangers will be monitoring this..So please don't screw it up.

the Governor's 14-day self-quarantine order for out-of-state travelers should be observed.
https://www.capegazette.com/…/out-state-travelers-or…/200154

That's what I said in my post when I heard it. I'm MD, I can't go surf fishing in DE. I take it only DE residents can surf fish.

Edited by hunter123

Sorry for the out of staters. They can come from outside Delaware to surf fish, but my interpretation is they would have to stay here for 14 days.  If it is any consolation, I wont be travelling to PA for trout this spring.

I like the fact that no other activities are allowed while fishing; dislike the fact that walk on fisher folk are excluded. 

I feel for everyone excluded, but that wont stop me from taking advantage and fishing.

The press release also mentioned that the exemption can be rescinded by the secretary if they see the rules being broken. 

Hope no one screws this up.

That definitely applies only to Delaware residents with a surf fishing tag.  I live about 1 mile north of the state line and hike my dog regularly on the trails in the Brandywine Creek State Park - but since this new order, I'm not gonna push my luck with the park police.

some more info :

How do I know if out-of-state visitors who are surf fishing have met the new 14-day quarantine rule?

Roughly 20% of all Delaware Surf-Fishing Permits are sold to non-residents. Under the directive issued by Governor Carney on March 28, anyone who enters Delaware from another state must immediately self-quarantine for 14 days. The order applies to individuals who would like to fish from state park beaches. Any failure to comply with the provisions contained in a Declaration of a State of Emergency or a Declaration of the State of Emergency modification constitutes a criminal offense. Surf anglers may make contact with a patrolling park ranger if concerned about a particular out-of-state vehicle. Any enforcement on the beaches will be consistent with the Governor's order.

Wait for the first few nice days. The same yahoos who flaunt the rules in normal times won't be able to handle these restrictions and they will screw it up for everyone. A lot of them are from Delaware. 

I own property in Rehoboth, but my official residence is PA.  I work and live in DE usually from late April thru early December.  I have a surf tag. My plates are PA.  Can I fish?   State has not responded to my emails.