ThrowinPlugs

Daiwa fuego LT spinning, any long term feedback?

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Always been a stradic guy, but the fuegos seem to be SUPER popular with the FW crowd. Anyone fishing one for a while able to comment on longevity? Soley to be used for LMB around the island. Thanks!

Posted (edited) · Report post

Don't do it. You will hate that reel with anything other than a  pan fish on it, especially coming from using stradics. The stem flexes like it is made out of rubber. Get your self a daiwa BG2000 and call it a day if you want to stick with daiwa under $100. Look into Tatula and up if you want a LT spinning reel from daiwa.

Edited by faithless

Interesting. I have a 3k stradic I could take off a fluke rod, maybe. I'm looking for something to keep in the truck that wont break the bank but that sucks to hear.

44 mins ago, faithless said:

Don't do it. You will hate that reel with anything other than a  pan fish on it, especially coming from using stradics. The stem flexes like it is made out of rubber. Get your self a daiwa BG2000 and call it a day if you want to stick with daiwa under $100. Look into Tatula and up if you want a LT spinning reel from daiwa.

Am I the only one who hasn’t liked the Fuego in stores? I don’t know, just feels weird. I feel like a Sedona feels a lot better for less. 

Been fishing a Fuego LT2500 since they came out.  I fish mine both freshwater for bass, shad, etc. and inshore.  Been over two years at it (my truck reel) and like it enough that I bought another just like it last month.  Scooby put a bit of concern on me when he was talking about the new Penn Clash II and comparing ease of servicing.  That said I consider mine one of my favorite reels (right under my Stradic K, which I haven't owned nearly as long).  I'd recommend a Fuego LT2500 based on my experience so far.  OH

Edited by Old Hunter
SP correction

Legalis LT is the same reel without mag seal,cheaper again.

I had new unused 3000 size Fuego and sold it and replaced it with the Sedona reel.

Edited by ozifish

2500 when they first came out. Zero problems salt only, I don’t like their drags. The weight is nice.  I paid $75. Bargain. But I find myself using it more as my backup rod on the yak.  In the same price range, Nasci or better yet Spheros.  Stradic is much smoother, older models.  

I actually liked my Fuego LT (while it worked), had the 4000 size...however it only lasted a season. I fished it fw and sw all light stuff, unfortunately even without dunking it the inside was corroded away. I probably could have cleaned it up...but for the price of magseal vs the price of the reel I just tossed it away. I try to stay away from budget reels with mag seal now as it’s not worth it imo until you get to the higher end reels. 

Does the Fuego have the handle through housing design? I hate that. I shouldn't be tightening things down several times a trip. I know there is Locktite, but why are they persisting in a design that has been a problem for decades?

Sweetwater, The handles on my two Daiwa Fuego LT reels screw on just like the current Daiwa BG handles - threaded stud into a threaded socket.  OH